Dawes hand built - any value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Sidevalve, how does a E93A compare with say a VW B6 diesel.?^_^ I have owned them both the first one fully fitted with everything Aquaplane made for them, but the B6 is my current one and a million times better.
Havn't a clue, but this is a bicycle forum.

screenman

Legendary Member
I was going to add they are both good to drive, but I would rather the B6 nowadays.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Just FYI in case anyone was interested, I've posted it to ebay to see how it goes, given that I cant see myself using it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171016171188?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for the advice all
R
I would recommend editing your listing and writing "Reynolds Frame" in the title heading . Many people haven't mastered advanced searches and will just write that for their search..... and that means they may not find your bike.

OP
OP
RussellZero

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Worst e-bay experience to date! Bike sold at £78, winner transferred funds with PayPal, all good so far. Then while I'm out on a nice ride, I get a call from the winner, (who sounded a bit peeved that I wasn't at home for him to collect immediately - when I said I'm on a ride, he came back "oh you're joking"!). Alarm bells started ringing, anyway I arranged to cut my ride short so he could collect at 2, and I have him my address.

At a quarter to, I get another call from the winner - says he's having trouble finding the house. "Ok, where are you?"

"At the train station"

Odd, I thought, there's no train station near me. I live in the new forest near Fordingbridge. Turns out he bought himself a one way ticket to Salisbury and that was that. Then he asks me to bring the bike out to him while he waits at the station! Bike was advertised as collect only. I did consider doing this, but while I was putting my bike away and getting ready, I got another call from him hassling me and telling me he's still waiting! At this point I cancelled, refunded the money and told him sorry but I don't want to spend another hour and a bit running around and wrecking the rest of the days plans as well. He said thanks for messing him around and we ended the call!

Anyway, bikes going back on ebay tonight, but if anyone here wants it for a reasonable offer and is ok to collect, please pm me and save me another flaky buyer experience!

OP
OP
RussellZero

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Best e-bay experience to date! Phone call in the day yesterday from someone local who wanted to come size it up and try it out. Turned up half an hour or so later, gave the bike a good looking over, bit of a test ride, got the full cash price out and off he went. Seems that how selling second hand things used to be before ebay turned up!

Top Bottom