Dawes Low Rider SWB Recumbent -NOW SOLD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Dawes Low Rider SWB Recumbent -Reduced
I’ve reluctantly come to the conclusion that despite all my efforts this metallic green Dawes Low Rider is still fractionally too big for me. As followers of this saga will know, I’ve put a lot of effort into this bike in the last year but it’s too nice to take the last desperate step and shorten the frame. I would say that it would comfortably suit someone from 5’7” and up. There is plenty of length adjustment in the boom, and the chain tensioner I’ve put on lets you adjust it without messing with the chain, but for maximum length a few extra chain links might be needed. It's in generally good condition: some marks from wear and tear as might be expected. Chain and sprockets have very little wear.
P1020541.JPG

P1020542.JPG
The hub gear is a Shimano Nexus 7 speed which works well. I’ve lowered the gearing by changing the rear cog from a 14T to a 19T which makes getting up my local hills easier. The brakes are Shimano roller brakes which, being a fan of drum brakes anyway, I find very sharp.
P1020545.JPG

It has a 152mm approx crankset which might suit some riders of average height as it lets you spin but I’ll include the 170mm one in the sale. Both have 33T chainrings. I’ll also include all the other bits I took off, also the bell and bike computer. The Bars are Humpert Englisher ones which give a cockpit style position. The tyres are newish Schwalbe Big Apples. It has a carrier and built in frame lock.
P1020546.JPG

It’s on ebay for £350 but if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer I'll consider it as it’ll save me paying their fees.
P1020547.JPG
Collection only please, from Winsford, Cheshire. Any questions, please ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom