de greaser?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi everyone :hello:I always de grease my chain in a chain cleaner then wash the de greaser off with water i hear can buy de greaser that can just be rubbed of with rag then lube straight on any of you lot use a drying de greaser if so what makes you useing? And is it good?

Colin_P

Guru
An aerosol of automotive brake cleaner is supurb for chain cleaning. It de-greases whilst washing away any grit then evaporates to leave a clean dry chain ready for lube about 10 minutes later.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I use Jizer, wash it thoroughly in detergent, and rinse it endlessly in running water until the rinse water is absolutely clear. Then I stick the part in the oven for a couple of hours at 40-50 centigrade. Then oil it again.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Mickle/KMC method. Never use degreaser.
Yeah well...I knew I would be treated like one of these.....:rolleyes:

heretic.jpeg

DRHysted

Guru
Dishwasher does an excellent job of cleaning bike/car parts:okay:

Many years ago on a 4x4 forum I'm on a member admitted to using the dishwasher to clean some engine parts. He survived, but only just, and after the purchase of a new dishwasher. He did state that the parts came out really clean though.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
RTF remover in a 10/1 mix with warm water. Put the chain and cassette I. There for 5-10 and then go at them with an old toothbrush.

The chainring get b&q citrus handy wipes then a dry cloth

G3CWI

Veteran
White spirit works for me. I bought 5 litres from b&q and a squeezy bottle from Poundland. I spray a little on a paper towel and clean the chain Mickle style. Good results.

Many years ago on a 4x4 forum I'm on a member admitted to using the dishwasher to clean some engine parts. He survived, but only just, and after the purchase of a new dishwasher. He did state that the parts came out really clean though.
The really clever thing to do at this point is take the old dishwasher and plumb it into the garage and keep using it for your own reasons.

Top Bottom