Dead cat's still there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I looked out my kitchen window last night and saw a light coloured brown object by the roadside. At first i thought it was one of those light brown dumped McDonalds bags that scumbags throw out their cars. Then as i was taking my mutt out for a walk later i saw it wasn't. It was the browny ginger cat that i've seen crossing the very busy road next to my flat a few times. I cringed when i saw it attempting to get across. Only the other week i shouted 'Nooo'! as it went for it,at about 5pm when the road's at its busiest. That time it got half way across,then jumped back,but after a few seconds it went for it again. Luckily a considerate driver(doing about 30mph and not the usual 40-50 in the 30mph speed limit)slowed down and it made it across the road. Every time i saw it from my window i used to worry it would get run over. Well now it has been. One of my neighbours told me last night,after i'd seen it, that someone he knows saw it get hit at 6.30 last night. He said the driver wasn't speeding and seemed upset that he'd hit the poor thing. He got out his car and placed on the kerb. Well it's still there and children will be coming along soon on their way to the primary school up the road from here. I couldn't move it as i don't like touching dead animals and birds,unless they're light and can be scooped up on a shovel,but obviously this moggy can't. Would the local council come out and pick it up if i phone them when they open at 9am?
Anyway,rest in peace poor cat,but i just knew you'd get hit one day the way you chanced it time after time.:sad:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It'll soon get up and wander off. 8 lives left.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A friend got a call from the council to tell her that her cat had been killed. So they had collected and scanned the body for microchip.

Yes the council will probably collect it.
I just couldn't have a cat for that reason. I'd be worried about it every time it went out. Especially living next to a very busy road,but as we know,you could live anywhere and seeing as they wander,they could still get run over. A couple were looking at it last night. They told me they'd put in on facebook,hoping the owner would see it. Not just info' about it but they actually took a photo of it and said the owner should recognise it. That'll be nice for the owner to see....Not!!!:eek:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5285891, member: 9609"]it will be someone's pet and my heart goes out to them, always sad to loose a loved one.

However it will make good carrion and be absorbed back into the enviroment in a more natural way than going into landfill. (and yes they can just leave me there too if it all goes pear shaped one day)[/QUOTE]
What just leave it there? Imagine all the flies and rats..yuk! I'd like to see it buried somewhere,not just put in a bin as i think someone will do.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Could you not pick it up and put it in a dustbin liner or such and deposit the poor thing in a bin. Put a note up on local lamposts or trees and see if has got a collar on with a tag.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Could you not pick it up and put it in a dustbin liner or such and deposit the poor thing in a bin. Put a note up on local lamposts or trees and see if has got a collar on with a tag.
No,as i said in my opening post,i can't touch dead animals. It's the rigamortis thing that puts me off. I know the street sweeper comes along this road on Fridays. He'll most likely see it and either pick it up himself or call someone to do it. He picked a dead bird up for me the other week then kind of wiggled it in my face.:eek:. I suppose street cleaners are hardened to seeing dead animals and it's just part of the job to them.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 5285934, member: 259"]Is it too early to nominate this as Thread Title Of The Year?[/QUOTE]

What do you reckon this will run to - 30+ pages?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5285963, member: 45"]I have wondered about that. We stick dead chicken carcasses in the rubbish, but we're not supposed to do the same with dead pets.[/QUOTE]
Yes but eaten chickens are just mainly bones.. This is/was someone's loved pet.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
^^^^
This...

As an aside, one of the main pet crematoriums for the country is about 5 miles from here.
There's a chap i know who's job is collecting dead cats and dogs from vet surgeries in a van and taking them to this place. https://www.rossendalepetcrem.co.uk/
He said that by the end of his shift his van is full of dead animals. He also said that he often stops in a lay-by for his lunch break and kind of talks to the dead animals.:eek:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 5285975, member: 45"]I don't like rat. Not as tough as cat, but doesn't taste like chicken.[/QUOTE]

Tastes foul doesn't it? Stringy and very strong "flavour"

Top Bottom