Dead Pompini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Looks nasty Will, but glad you're not too badly hurt and hope the bruising etc. goes quickly. Like others have said a good advert for carbon forks though to have withstood that impact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dudi

Unlucky Will, looks like a heavy impact!
Hope your cuts, scrapes and bruises heal quickly and you're not in too much pain.

Let us know how you get on with the insurers.

Andy

yello

Blinking blimey, that looks like you were lucky to walk (hobble?) away as unscathed as you are! Someone's looking out for you. Shame it wasn't the driver! :wacko:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm frankly amazed your in as good shape as you say after looking at that. xx( Hope you heal soon, keep an eye on your joints, any limited/painful movement may be a sign of strains or torn ligaments.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Good question - driver's insurance will cover it for a start. That frame was less than 3 months old and ridden for November and first 2 weeks of December. Crash was second ride in January having gone back to university.

I like the Pompino, but I'm wondering whether I should find something more strictly track to give versatility on the road and velodrome. I run 25 rear, 23 front usually. Any ideas for a different frame? I don't have a rear brake, so drilling (instead of cantilever bosses) is optional. Don't use bottle cages either.

Will1985 said:
I like the Pompino, but I'm wondering whether I should find something more strictly track to give versatility on the road and velodrome.

I don't have a rear brake, so drilling (instead of cantilever bosses) is optional. Don't use bottle cages either.

I've no first hand experience of this, never having ridden a track frame, but I understand the geometery is much less forgiving of lumps and bumps.

I would personally favour more relaxed geometery for a road fixie.

However, plenty of fixers around here manage perfectly fine on former track frames.

Thus it depends on your perversion.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
UPDATE: I have had some physio which has helped the knee enormously. I went beck back to the hospital today for a review of the hand where they x-rayed it and found a subluxation of the 2nd metacarpal. I'll have it reduced next week, then the pain should be gone.

Top Bottom