deal extreme bar-end lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
IMAG0112.jpg

I ordered a pair of these
I ordered a pair of these on 1st Feb, but nothing here as yet :sad:

I'm not overly worried ATM, but at this rate by the time they land they'll be stuck in a cupboard until next winter.

How have yours been performing Jimlad?

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

I'm not overly worried ATM, but at this rate by the time they land they'll be stuck in a cupboard until next winter.

Mine are still going well on the original batteries, although I ordered some replacements with the lights. DX is so cheap...

Mine took over a week to arrive.

I bashed one putting my bike in the car last month, and it fell to bits. The end plug was fine, still in place, but the translucent cap and electronic gubbins had pinged out. I found the electronic guts in the car but it was a week before the cap reappeared. I refitted both and they still work fine.

Obviously no substitute for a proper back light, but if they add to general visibility, why not ?

Gary E

Veteran

Did you ever get them???
Ordered mine on 17 Feb and nothing here yet.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Almost 4 weeks now and still not here. I knew it was going to be slow but this is ridiculous!
I had to contact DX customer services about a faulty pressure switch for a torch, and they sorted out a replacement FOC.
Contact customer services - 4 weeks is bonkers - mine took a week or so but making allowances for shipping from the Far East this smacks of being lost in the post.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I ride with a set of Tacx Lumos as well. they are great....when they work.

They stay on ok until it rains. I hoped a little PV tape around the thread wont stop the rain killing them, I was wrong.

Also the wont turn off if I ride in the cold for more than an hour, so need to come out of the bars each night to have the batteries removed.

oddly I persist with them as I think, despite their weak light, they do create a "different" shape that make drivers look twice.

PS never used the indicator function, far too fiddle and daft

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I had the Tacx ones for a while. They were effective, (never used the novelty indicator feature TBH), but the problem with the Tacx ones is the fitment.

You fit a palstic sleeve into the bar that tightens with an allen key, then twist the plastic light unit into that. Aligning them to sit straight is a bit of a pain, but when you want to remove them it's nigh on impossible to get them out without pulling out the sleeve as well.

This means every time you remove them you have to go through the whole fitting process again, which got to be a pain and as such I returned mine to Wiggle.

The ones the OP bought look a better fitment though and might tempt me to give them another whirl at some stage.

never have that issue, mine come in and out a treat, although at weekend I remove the lot and replace with standard bar ends.

My issue with the fitting is that if you try to tighten the light into the sleeve (by turning them) to anything near a satisfactory tightness, the sleeve cracks and the light no longer tightens properly and just keeps rotating past the tight spot.

Neither of mine are properly tight, but they don't rattle or drop out so perhaps this is non-issue

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
These DX ones just have a fat rubber washer, you tighten the nut at the back until it is a tight squeeze in the bar end then shove it in hard. I could pull them out but it'd be annoying.

Cue Fnaar... !

andrew_s

Legendary Member
DX has always been slow , 4 -6 weeks has always been how long my stuff has taken to come .Guess its the price you pay for the price you pay.
Agreed.
I get the impression that rather than hold warehouses full of stuff, they have regular orders with a load of assorted manufacturers. If you put your order in just before the order goes out, you get your stuff in a week; if you just miss an order, it is more like 5 weeks.

Top Bottom