Dear Mr Fakenger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You may think you look ultra-cool with your blingy fixed-wheel bike, your matching rims and tyres, your cycling cap at a rakish angle and your trackstand.

But you were being a bit of a plonker, weren't you? Your trackstand was at the front of a queue of a dozen or so cyclists. And those cyclists were in cycle lane separated by a kerb. And that cycle lane has its own traffic light, with the rare luxury of a cycle that prioritises the cycle lane over the road (which is why all those cyclists were in it). And you, you ninny, were too far forward to see the traffic lights.

Next time, if you're going to jump the red light, at least do the rest of us the courtesy of doing it properly.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
In a similar vein,

Mrs. Brompton lady - jumping red lights and then pottering along at 14 mph is REALLY annoying. And putting yourself in the blind spot of buses after doing so is a REALLY bad idea.

gavintc

Guru
But cycle lanes are typically crap. That is why I for one ignore them. If he was stopped, he could hardly qualify as a RLJ and since when have you become the fashion police.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
gavintc said:
But cycle lanes are typically crap. That is why I for one ignore them. If he was stopped, he could hardly qualify as a RLJ and since when have you become the fashion police.

My initial reaction is +1, but maybe srw would like to post the google maps location?

U

User169

gavintc said:

Fine, don't use them. But it seems a bit inconsiderate to block those that do wish to use them.

garrilla

Do all fixed bikes come with a 'track stand instruction manual' by law? It seems to be derigeur that the fakies do track stands at the lights. Usually for few seconds shorter than the lights so they have to step down and re-start like normal folk.

CotterPin

When one stops next to me and doing his tracky bit, my evil twin has always wanted to stretch and topple him over B) (IMO it is always a him - do girls not do this kind of thing?)

Arch

Married to Night Train
John the Monkey said:
In a similar vein,

Mrs. Brompton lady - jumping red lights and then pottering along at 14 mph is REALLY annoying. And putting yourself in the blind spot of buses after doing so is a REALLY bad idea.

I agree with the red light ibt, but could you possibly not use the words 'pottering' and '14mph' together? That's about my speed on a day I'm feeling fit and lithe.:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Should have put a thick stick through his back spokes, so as me moved forward, he couldn't go anywhere:evil:
I have to keep looking around when i trackstand, some twat in a van was going to get out and push me off, i heard his door open, his mates laugh and say, "go and push him off"
Zoom, i was off

Plax

Guru
CotterPin said:
When one stops next to me and doing his tracky bit, my evil twin has always wanted to stretch and topple him over :ohmy: (IMO it is always a him - do girls not do this kind of thing?)

Don't be silly, we're far too sensible for all that malarky

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
If, srw, you ever stray as far as the Angel, I'm afraid that the lack of consideration shown to cyclists by cyclists would have you reaching for a weapon of mass condescension. The usual thing is for them to force their way through on the left without as much as a 'good morning' and then sit in front of you at about 45 degrees to the line of travel. I'm so tempted to out myself as a South Londoner by clipping them round the ear as I pass.

Top Bottom