Death by a thousand cuts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All,

Well, in these times of being at home and trying new things, I decided to buy a straight razor (cut-throat) and have a go...Off I went to the bathroom full of confidence and came downstairs ten minutes later with more patches than an innertube! I probably used half a toilet roll trying to stem the bleeding!!!

Mrs Easytigers was much amused...thankfully not having to see anyone and it'll probably speed me up when cycling so that nobody can see my face!

If anyone has any tips, please share!

stephec

Legendary Member
Plenty of videos knocking around to help, usually on the websites that sell them.

It might be worth just trying it on an easier part of the face for now, and then once you've mastered that move on to the trickier bits.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Slightly late I know but starting on DE razors really helps, you learn about correct blade angle, avoiding pressure, lather quality etc with a slightly more benign design. Most straight razor users started there. You've jumped in at the deep end somewhat, no bad thing but it's a very steep learning curve!
Have a look at threads on a shaving forum, there's enough advice threads there to get you going in the right direction. Oh and they're even worse enablers than we are.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
There's a barbers in a town near me that still does a cut throat razor shave and a warm towel treatment and im reliably informed its fantastic and best of all nobody has died from it as far as im aware.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The pie shop next door does rather well too
There is a Barbers in the next town in Lichfield called Sweeney Todds Gents Barbers and Mrs Lovetts Ladies Salon...

Seems the mass chain Greggs has made the pie shop less profitable, but certainly may explain some of Greggs offerings...

Top Bottom