Death by Derny- Manchester Velodrome Sunday 8th August 2-5PM.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Can someone explain the 'derny' to me,in words of no more than 2 syllables-thanks
thumbsup.png
And NO I'm not ready yet

The derny is a track-adapted motorbike effectively that acts as a pace bike, allowing riders to ride behind it at a slowly accelerating speed.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Right so the Derny will be with us for the last hour or so but we're gonna have to have a bit of training on it so we'll get talked at for twenty minutes or so apparently.

I'll need bike sizes/ names PM'ed to me for those who need a bike so if youse can do that ASAP...........

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Oh!

see ya sunday then!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It's me on my jollies after having to rearrange it due to my exam being today (i.e. was supposed to be off this week, but now it's next week starting this Friday). Sounds like I will be missing a cracker too! :sad:

Will1985

Über Member
Remind me, what's the bike hire rate? I'm bringing my own up, but with 3 hours it's tempting to gear up and mess about with aero wheels for some bits.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I haven't cycled in weeks and also just come back from an all you can eat holiday, im going to struggle with the derny but still up for it :biggrin:

Cycling Thursday and Friday for 12 miles in all so that should be enough practice eh?

KINGCUTTER

I haven't cycled in weeks and also just come back from an all you can eat holiday, im going to struggle with the derny but still up for it :biggrin:

Cycling Thursday and Friday for 12 miles in all so that should be enough practice eh?

Will I may bring a couple of wheelsets if you want to swop around a set with a 14 on the back

Top Bottom