Death by Derny- Manchester Velodrome Sunday 8th August 2-5PM.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
That's £322 for velodrome hire/coach:
15 people = £21.50
20 people = £16.10
25 people = £12.90
(rounded to nearest 10p)

Looks good to me. I'll be the derny if it makes it any cheaper ;)

There's a summary of costs- add bike hire (look at manchester velodrome website for latest pricing- it's £9.00 for two hours I think) and shoe/helmet hire (very reasonable)

and there you go- it's a right good laugh as well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good breakdown Dan...........

It's the best £20 and add another £10 for bike hire and a couple of quids for LOOK DELTA shoes for THREE HOURS on a WORLD CLASS TRACK (possibly the best in the world.....................).

£30 each is about the max...... cost for 3 hours...........awesome...........

If you aren't confident or new, then don't worry, the coaches are brill - they shove us regulars off, then coach the first timers/less regulars and they are good - they won't put you out of your depth at all.

TBH it's super value.... and you have one or two coaches looking after us.

Do bring some light food and energy drink, although the vending machines do the usual gels / drinks etc..... (ps the machines don't do pop or juice though). Coffee machine in reception is quite good/cheap and the coffee is good................ :biggrin:

It's very friendly, supportive and light hearted........

Will you'd be a rubbish derny - you ain't big enough................. fast, but not big.................:tongue:

Will1985

Über Member
Haha - I worked that one out last week. Nobody could hold my wheel at a circuit race last week when we were going into a headwind because my profile was too small to provide any benefit...had to sit up and let them do the hard work instead :rolleyes:

longers

Legendary Member
I did ask on yacf and there wasn't even a nibble. I'm hoping for a few late entries here to keep the costs down so it's more fun.

Is it time to start with the excuses yet or is it a bit too soon?

Young Un

COME ON PEOPLE. LET'S MAKE IT 15 :biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Strange this - is it during holiday time, or are some being put off by the derny?

Could possibly get another few uni riders but that would depend on sleeping space provided by my +1.

fossyant

It is holiday time - probably why Sh4rky and Tharg (kids hols etc) can't make it. TBH this is my busiest point of work - so no hols for me until late August (financial year end now.......) ..............

KINGCUTTER

Don't let the derny put you off Guys I have never done it before if it looks to much I just won't do it still great value.

fossyant

Bump.........

The Derny is a steady paced machine.......not a person...it's the person(s) you have problems with..................

Plus you can have an 'out' .......... we all do................:biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Can someone explain the 'derny' to me,in words of no more than 2 syllables-thanks
thumbsup.png
And NO I'm not ready yet

Top Bottom