Deaths when not using helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So taking off the helmet and making them a less confident rider would make them safer. Interesting. Especially when you consider how unlikely they were to have a head injury before this action. Wonder how likely they would be after ?

You do understand what overconfidence is, right?

lukesdad

Yes and I understand confident and I understand nervous too.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If you look at the manufacturers claims, they barely claim anything. Cycle helmets are not sold to protect against significant collisions, yet some people still believe and claim that they protect against that.

That is not what I asked. I believe they claim to protect the head in accidents up to 12 mph. I ask again has anyone ever sued a manufacturer? Just think what a culture of suing the USA has.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
That is not what I asked. I believe they claim to protect the head in accidents up to 12 mph. I ask again has anyone ever sued a manufacturer? Just think what a culture of suing the USA has.

You might believe that, but I bet you a pint you are wrong! They claim that their products are stylish, that theycomply with x standards, they proclaim choice of colours but go and find a claim of how effective they are...

Bicycle

It is simple -unless you are pro helmet you are the Antichrist, the logic goes like this:

Poster 2: The British Dental Association is campaigning for more facial protection as present hamlets are inadequate.

I lived in a hamlet for a number of years in the mid-90s and suffered no facial injuries.

I found the absence of a decent supermarket inconvenient, but had no issue with facial protection.

What do the BDA have against hamlets?

We should be told!!

I lived in a hamlet for a number of years in the mid-90s and suffered no facial injuries.

I found the absence of a decent supermarket inconvenient, but had no issue with facial protection.

What do the BDA have against hamlets?

We should be told!!

hamlets = cigars = bad teeth ... simple

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You should have the law on your side if stationary ,and in the correct road position of course, and would claim off the other driver.but I expect someone will say otherwise.
You miss the point. The question was "if the car fails to protect you in the way it should based on NCAP rating". So do you sue NCAP for giving the car an incorrect rating or BMW for building a dud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom