debit card fraud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Over The Hill said:
The card is the Banks (Look in the small print they say they own it)
The money is the Banks (At the time it was in their ownership)
The Bank arranges their own security for their accounts to enable their money to be passed on to you or someone else.

So as long as you did what you agreed to do or not do (ie did not write your pin number on the card etc) how is it ever down to you?

If someone walked in the bank with a gun and took the £100 you just put in there, is it your money? Course not.

They should be pleased you have told them they have been robbed.
this is excellent:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9ptA3Ya9E

:blush:

dudi

I can recommend against Nationwide for fixing this kind of issue.
We had fraudulent use of our debit card whist on holiday in America last May, and it has taken them till last week to sort the problem out, all the while my account has sat overdrawn incurring charges. they even registered a default against my wife and I even though I was in contact with them every week to moan and whinge that they've not fixed it yet.
Got to wait a month then check my credit file to make sure there's no problems with it...
They also had the audacity to write me a letter telling me that they will have to close the account as it remained overdrawn...
peanuts.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My wife had a call from Direct Line last night telling her that her card had been stopped because someone had tried to use it fraudulently. She had only used it twice in 2 shops in the recent past. They had her pin number too. How do they get the info - is it a shop worker?

Bman

Guru
My experiance was with Nationwide too. But I didnt experiance any of those problems dudi.

The fraud did put me overdrawn but when the money was refunded, it was backdated and so I had no charges or intrest to pay.

Top Bottom