Fraud advice needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have just taken delivery of an iPhone 15 from DPD.
Only problem is I didn’t order one.
It was delivered in the name of our surname with a male name using my wife’s first initial.
There is no delivery note, I didnt have to sign for it and it came with no return details.
What do i do apart from call DPD?
Someone must have taken out credit in our (almost) name at our address.
I don’t want poor credit scores on the house.

I have just taken delivery of an iPhone 15 from DPD.
Only problem is I didn’t order one.
It was delivered in the name of our surname with a male name using my wife’s first initial.
There is no delivery note, I didnt have to sign for it and it came with no return details.
What do i do apart from call DPD?
Someone must have taken out credit in our (almost) name at our address.
I don’t want poor credit scores on the house.

Call the Police.
Google.
https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/ne...021/november/courier-fraud-mobile-phone-scam/

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m worried some big burly man will turn up at my door demanding it back when my kids are at home alone.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So you've got a free new iPhone. Can't imagine what the scam might be but in the first instance as above call the Fuzzy Muffs.

Who are DPD? Delivery company?

tom73

Guru
Report it to the police and follow the advice they give.
You could also contact CAB consumer helpline ( they took over from consumer direct when gov closed it down) for help and advice.
As it's unsolicited goods so will know what DPD are required to do. They will also inform and report it to your local trading standards.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue/
It maybe worth contact your bank to see who they advise you contact re any credit issues.

Drago

Legendary Member
If someone knocks on your door claiming it has been delivered in error, do not hand it over.

Notify the dibble as this tadtic is known to be a means of raisi g money for organised crime, and notify whichever company it came from.

Then do an Experian or similar check to see what may or may not have been taken out in your name. On the one hand it's not your problem - on the other, it's a right royal ballache if debt collectors turn up chasing debts that are nothing to do with you.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Update.
A big black guy just turned up at my front door. I denied receiving any packages and told him to call the police if he has an issue.
He’s gone now.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I'd hand it over to the Police and get a signature off them and contact DPD and get them to sort out with the Police. The black guy is trying to scam you/your house. If he comes again tell him you have contacted the Police and to clear off.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Aye, but I bet there is a shoot load of stuff going on in Ghana at a lower level. Crims everywhere.

Funny you should say that. Just the other night someone jumped our wall at 3 in the morning and tried using a scissors car jack to open our living room window, or rather the bars over it. You can see the marks on the second vertical bar from the right. Needless to say not successful and he scarpered with a few choice words.

IMG_20231006_214323.jpg

Top Bottom