Debranding Shimano kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I saw @Kernow_T advertising a set of Ultegra brake calipers. I immediately thought: I deserve good quality safety apparatus...
...but I don't want anyone to know.

I had a quick Google, and some of the results have been painful dremelling. Truly gruesome.

Has anyone managed to buff off the logos elegantly?

Or should I be looking for a well reviewed lesser-known brand, and investing in top pads?

Kernow_T

Über Member
I saw @Kernow_T advertising a set of Ultegra brake calipers. I immediately thought: I deserve good quality safety apparatus...
...but I don't want anyone to know.

I had a quick Google, and some of the results have been painful dremelling. Truly gruesome.

Or should I be looking for a well reviewed lesser-known brand, and investing in top pads?
Just buy them and sort the disguise later!

See loads of successful debadging and often think how stealth and sweet bikes that have been debadged look but its never something I've considered - mainly because I'm not cool enough, fast enough and I'd probably make a mess of it

raleighnut

Legendary Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUdmSgPGpCbo8DXiP_Q9qN_EtVSaYJfnrpeMrNH3HBb6AQhiRuew.jpg

I've got some without any branding on, good job really as the rest of the groupset/headset bearing /seatpost is Campagnolo.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Isn't life too short for buffing off a logo? Each to their own of course. Strip the whole caliper apart and polish, polish, polish with all the grits 'til you get to Autosol territory. Mmm. Shiny. They'll look lovely and stealth for about a week, and then you'll think "My stealth calipers look a bit dull." Reach for the polish. Rinse. Repeat.
For my sins, I have a steed with Mafac Raid anchors, which I polish once a year, whether they need it or not.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At a guess Shimano rsx caliper?
Could well be, I have no idea but they're very similar to the 105 ones fitted to another of my bikes, I'd take a picture but that bikes in the external reinforced concrete shed and the door swells in wet/cold weather making it virtually impossible to open and certainly impossible to close again once opened. I keep meaning to 'sort' it but for now I just keep the 'summer use only' bikes in there and let it remain sealed (and with very good locks) for the winter.

DSCN0057.JPG

You can just about see the front in this piccy

pawl

Legendary Member
Why bother.Re spray your frame try and remove all advertising from tops shorts etc removing brand namers from tyres could pose a problem

When all that’s done start on the car house hold goods
One item I will not buy are trade tops,I refuse to ride looking like an advertisement

Dan B

Disengaged member
I coloured in the "shimano" logo on the SPD pedals of my otherwise-Campag bike with a Sharpie once, it lasted a few months. Then I got some Look pedals and move the SPDs onto a bike I actually use

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
Why bother.
For me, it's really just about keeping the bike next to mine a better target for thieves.

I'm not really concerned about brands. The only "logo" thing I have is a 7-eleven cotton cap. 7-eleven was basically my local sweet shop living abroad in my early twenties, so I have an affinity for it.

Adam4868

Guru
Must be pretty easy to remove as the Ultegra has started to come of my brake calipers,not like I ever scrub em !

Top Bottom