Debranding Shimano kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
why don't you want anyone to know ?
I don't know why I think this, but for some reason... I have this weird feeling that the junkies that camp behind the bike shed (I check the shed for needles each day)... Hmm... I think that perhaps they are well versed in the Shimano groupset hierarchy.

I'm starting to think it's a bad assumption now I spell it out.

Last edited:

Maenchi

StoneDog
ah ! fair point, I wondered if it might be something like that...thing is junkie's would nick 'owt if desperate enough ,if it could be sold, i'd keep the bike in the house....good luck..
(I don't think it's a bad assumption, I got my current bike just before I moved house, and I had similar concerns about my nice new bike, which was 'sick' in current young 'uns parlance, the attention just made me nervous, any way nothing happened and where I now live that kind of threat is a long way off)

Last edited:

Bodhbh

Guru
I can't stand logo's everywhere, so generally take a sanding pad to any - and I don't really care if it makes a mess. It only takes a minute. Sometimes it does make mess, sometimes they just come off cleanly no problem. Decals can be stemed off and tend to build up 2nd hand frames, so they get powder coated. It doesn't really help the resale value of stuff on eBay....but I when I finally get a bike nicked I will get a deep sense of joy - that I have vandalised the theifs bike in advance, and taken money from their pocket!

pawl

Legendary Member
For me, it's really just about keeping the bike next to mine a better target for thieves.

I'm not really concerned about brands. The only "logo" thing I have is a 7-eleven cotton cap. 7-eleven was basically my local sweet shop living abroad in my early twenties, so I have an affinity for it.

Just had a thought,I was rabbiting on abought not wareing grade clothing.What did I have on my head under my helmet,aJelly Belly cap.Oh the embarrassment.

Top Bottom