Dec 09 edition of Cycling Plus magazine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haf63

I am trying to get a look at the above magazine as I have been advises via another forum that it contains a review of 'best sportive bikes for £1000' which I am currently looking into (see boardman/plantX thread'.
Anyway I went to Smiths and they have the Jan issue and that (although sealed) doesn't seem to mention anything relevant on the cover hence my assumption that it must be in the Dec issue.
I don't really want to fork out £6 for a 'back issue' and then find the article isn't in it so if anyone has this can they please take a look and see if such an article on sportive bikes is indeed in the mag...
Thanks,

zacklaws

Guru
December and January issues are history now, I went into Smith's today and bought the February issue, I have not took it out of the wrapper yet, but on the cover it mentions "£1000 sportive bikes, road tested", so perhaps that's the issue you should be looking for.

I've opened it up and it does have a brief look at the Boardman, but a more detailed look at the Planet X

OP
OP
H

haf63

Thanks Zack... I'll pay another visit to Smiths and see if they have the feb issue after new year.
Do they happen to talk about the new Trek Pilot at all?

Crimmey

Just had a quick flick through of dec09 CP. The only bike reviews are 'affordable bikes' or something like that. A willer at £999 boardman pro carbon £1599 and a couple of others no 'best sportives for £1000' Had a quick look at novs and sure its not in that either.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The sportive bikes in the Feb issue are the Focus Variado Expert, Cannodale CAAD9, Fuji Roabaix 1.0, Planet X SL pro Carbon. They score 6,9,7,8 respectively.

3 of them are ally and one carbon. Not sure how the Cannondale can score the highest when its mostly Tiagra, when the Planet X is full ultegra althought they put the winning score down to handling.

I know which one i would buy

bad boy

Über Member
Crimmey said:
Just had a quick flick through of dec09 CP. The only bike reviews are 'affordable bikes' or something like that. A willer at £999 boardman pro carbon £1599 and a couple of others no 'best sportives for £1000' Had a quick look at novs and sure its not in that either.

Yes I have both Nov and Dec and see no best sportives under 1000 reviews.

Cycling active has a piece on bike reviews under £1300 covering the scott speedster, secteur comp, Pin FP1, Lappiere something and a condor thats it.

bad boy

Über Member
Steve Austin said:
The sportive bikes in the Feb issue are the Focus Variado Expert, Cannodale CAAD9, Fuji Roabaix 1.0, Planet X SL pro Carbon. They score 6,9,7,8 respectively.

3 of them are ally and one carbon. Not sure how the Cannondale can score the highest when its mostly Tiagra, when the Planet X is full ultegra althought they put the winning score down to handling.

I know which one i would buy

Yeah me too the Cdale !

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
lol. nah, i would go for the Ultegra groupset and the comfy ride of carbon.

Top Bottom