Decathlon bib short pads??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Decathlon bib shorts have red pads but I've no idea what that means, if anything :wacko:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I believe the colour of the pad relates to thickness and material. They are graded with an 'amount if time you spend in the saddle' system which is fine as a guide. The grades go 3, 5, 7 & more recently 9. First pair of shorts I bought were a 3 with a blue pad made of foam and about 4mm thick. I've never bought any with a red pad but I believe these are a grade 5. I've got a few pairs of grade 7, pad is orange, gel padding, and has different sections of thickness, 9mm at the front, 15mm at the rear. I've never bought any but I believe the grade 9's have the same pad as a 7 and for that reason I've never seen the point in the extra tenner they cost. As regards to what Decathlon deems the 'correct' time to spend in the saddle for any given colour, I can't remember, but I think it is on their website in each product description.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have to say I bought decathlon longs with the No7 pad. Not very comfy at all. In fact they are for desperate winter cold weather only would rather just wear bibs and knee or leg warmers. Don't rate them but that could be the style more than the pad, I just find them not very comfy even on a short commute!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've tried Decathlon gear but never been impressed with the fit. Same with Aldi stuff, which is even odder in shape. Last year they had a wool jersey; I tried it on and nearly bought it for my wife as it would have made a very chic mini-dress and she's into woolens.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use the basic 3 pads for commuting and they are fine and i used to like the 5 pads but lately they just rub me the wrong way , feels like the pad seam on either side chaffs my inner thigh .Its very odd as i used to be really comfy but now its a constant niggle , i still have the same issue to a lesser extent with dnh aerons`s

LimeBurn

Über Member
I've got 2 pairs of the blue pad ones that i bought when i first got back on a bike, after buying some dhbs from wiggle I'd never buy the decathlon ones again.

I have btwin long bibs with the red pad, think it's a 5. I used to think they were good and comfy, then I bought a pair of Altura shorts. What a difference, the Altura pad is so much softer, yet much more comfier. I'll still keep the btwin ones but won't be buying anymore

cyberknight

I have btwin long bibs with the red pad, think it's a 5. I used to think they were good and comfy, then I bought a pair of Altura shorts. What a difference, the Altura pad is so much softer, yet much more comfier. I'll still keep the btwin ones but won't be buying anymore
thats what i have found lately the line between the main bit and the edge pads rubs me i think .

cyberknight

thats what i have found lately the line between the main bit and the edge pads rubs me i think .

400bhp

Guru

Comparing apples with oranges.

Top Bottom