Decathlon Bikes (Riverside)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B-B-BikeyStrike!

It looks impressive and well equipped. Its rather heavy though, I'm wondering whether you really need suspension forks as that is contributing a lions share to the the 17kg.

I'd rather get a hybrid and add aftermarket panniers. The Trek FX range has its fans, The Specialized Sirrus range is very good, although possibly too lightweight. These are good city/commuting bikes, and will be fine with the odd holiday jaunt. But if you're going to be seriously touring alot, then you might need a proper touring bike.

Dawes are famous for its touring bikes, if you can find one of these, then you'd be equipped for any tour. Its lighter then the Riverside as well.

potsy

Rambler
B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
It looks impressive and well equipped. Its rather heavy though, I'm wondering whether you really need suspension forks as that is contributing a lions share to the the 17kg.

I'd rather get a hybrid and add aftermarket panniers. The Trek FX range has its fans, The Specialized Sirrus range is very good, although possibly too lightweight. These are good city/commuting bikes, and will be fine with the odd holiday jaunt. But if you're going to be seriously touring alot, then you might need a proper touring bike.

Dawes are famous for its touring bikes, if you can find one of these, then you'd be equipped for any tour. Its lighter then the Riverside as well.
The M+ tyres will be adding a kilo too.

OP
OP
JonoB

JonoB

Über Member
potsy said:
The M+ tyres will be adding a kilo too.
I've just checked the weight of the M+ and they are 980g each. With the forks and all I can see now where the weight is.
What about these hydraulic rim type brakes by Magura. Advantages anyone?

B-B-BikeyStrike!

JonoB said:
I've just checked the weight of the M+ and they are 980g each. With the forks and all I can see now where the weight is.

Holy flip! Each tyre weighs almost 1kg?!?!?!?? What are they made of, wood?

B-B-BikeyStrike!

JonoB said:

Oh, in answer to your question - the Magura hydraulic brakes will make braking alot better, maybe a bonus if your bike is heavily leaden. But V-Brakes would probably suffice and would be alot easier to fix.

potsy

Rambler
B-B-BikeyStrike! said:
Holy flip! Each tyre weighs almost 1kg?!?!?!?? What are they made of, wood?
If pun*tu*e protection is your priority then they are worth the extra weight in my opinion,make sure you've got strong thumbs though as they can be a pain to get on:ohmy:
I have them on my hybrid/commute bike and are bullet proof.

Top Bottom