Decathlon stores

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
"
OUR WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Due to exceptionally large traffic"

I know I have put on a few pounds but my midnight snack was only a few oat cookies!

Like any brand be careful of glowing recommendations and look at the details. Some of the bikes are fantastic like the Triban 500SE and 500 but the Triban 100 is pretty much junk with a naff freewheel and low end components equivalent to a halfords Apollo racing bike except much more expensive. There is also the weight restrictions on their bikes are lower than many competing brands so be careful if you are a heavier rider. I think for accessories and spares they can be more competitive than Halfords. I'm in the south west so really the only chance to look around is when I go to Poole or Southampton. Unsure if there are any others nearby, I expect there is one in Bristol and possibly Plymouth but not been to those. I tend to think of Halfords, Decathlon and Go Outdoors as great sources of decent cheap bikes but that doesn't mean all their bikes are good look at the components and how much you are paying. Just because the Calibre Bossnut is the best value full suspension bike currently doesn't mean that entry level mountain bike with a freewheel next to it is any good. As a general rule I think £250-300 is pretty much the cut off point, most bikes below are pretty awful, most bikes above are pretty good. Always check out the reviews and see if you can find reviews of the actual store you will be buying from, they all vary in competence going by the reviews.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
........ I'm in the south west so really the only chance to look around is when I go to Poole or Southampton. Unsure if there are any others nearby, I expect there is one in Bristol and possibly Plymouth but not been to those. .......
Still nothing in the SW or Wales, or much of NW and NE England. The closest store to Bristol and Cardiff must be Oxford. Can't help thinkng they are missing out on a lot of business. Maybe they don't need it?
decathlon-uk-map-+-london-cam.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Still nothing in the SW or Wales, or much of NW and NE England. The closest store to Bristol and Cardiff must be Oxford. Can't help thinkng they are missing out on a lot of business. Maybe they don't need it?
View attachment 370756
To be fair there aren't many people with much disposable income in Wales.:laugh:

More seriously they will actually deliver stuff to your door or nearest Asda store. Their ski gear and thermals are very good too.

Johnsop99

Veteran
Would love to have a branch in the west country, Exeter maybe, although on the other hand it could get expensive - already got 4 BTwin bikes
in the family just from visiting the Southampton store once a year! Suggested Exeter as a lot of Decathlons are near to IKEA and IKEA are opening a store in Exeter next year.

Got no complaints regarding the Decathlon gear that I have - it's nothing fancy, but it's like Ronseal i.e. it does what it says on the tin.

Their spares are competitively priced, especially their inner tubes, of which they have a massive range of sizes. Most places (other than the internet based ones) don't keep 650c tubes as standard stock, whereas they do. Handy.

Clothes are good, but it's definitely try before you buy as the sizing is all over the place.

The new Cambridge store is a bit pokey and cramped and they don't hold the full ranges by any means, but they do click & collect which is kind of handy. Otherwise for me, there's the big one at Surrey Quays, which I go past every so often.

the stupid one

Über Member
These Decathlon snorkel masks look kind of funky:

IMG_0435.JPG

They do so much stuff I wouldn't know what to spend a voucher on. Inexpensive leather-free walking boots haven't fallen apart after a couple of years. Their camping gear seems to be well-received, no problems with any I've bought.

Top Bottom