Decent all round set of wheels.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Looking for some good all round wheels for my London Rd. Good on the road and can handle a bit of off road fun. That won't break bank.

6 bolt, QR ,10 speed.

I've been thinking about HUNT 4 Season as a possible.

Any other possible ideas?

Hunts are fine, but the rebranded Chinese hubs are not as good as they should be. What size tyres are you using?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got 4 sets of off the peg Mavics on 4 bikes. No problem with any. 1x Aksium, 1 x Ksyrium, 1x 26" Crossrides and 1 ' 29er Crossrides.

My other bikes have Mavic rims on various hubs.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another one for Mavic's here. i have a few sets they have all done loads of miles without a problem. Have friends with Hunts the freewheel is so noisy everyone is fed up with them,

Drago

Legendary Member
How much is "wont break the bank?"

I had problems with Askiums which were unable to handle my manly muscular (ie, chubby) form, so gave up and went DT Swiss. Found some NoS older model R1850s for 300 sheets, and so far they've proven well up to the job of handling 117kg on the rutted things that pass for highways in these parts.

I’ve got Mavic Crossrides on my 29er, Mavic Cosmics on one road bike, and Mavic Ksyriums on another. They have all performed brilliantly so far.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
How much is "wont break the bank?"

I had problems with Askiums which were unable to handle my manly muscular (ie, chubby) form, so gave up and went DT Swiss. Found some NoS older model R1850s for 300 sheets, and so far they've proven well up to the job of handling 117kg on the rutted things that pass for highways in these parts.

Don't think there really suitable for heavy weights, You need some wheels with a higher spoke count.:okay:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Another vote for Mavic Aksium's, been using them for road and gravel riding for the last couple of thousand miles, no problems whatsoever. Not too expensive either.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hunt 4 Season are great wheels. I have had mine 2 years and have done 1000s of kms. Great over all surfaces.

Excellent customer service from Hunt.

Top Bottom