Decent padded bibs? Suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Need some decent ones. My current ones are cheapo sports direct rubbish that are frankly, and literally, a pain in the a$$!

Light weight ones are fine as I have good merino base layers. Cheap as poss but not at the sacrifice of quality (this time).

Any suggestions anyone? Want to do 3+ hours in them without any serious issues.

Edit: just thinking, would be ok with normal tights if budget was out of range (upto about £45)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You cant go wrong with DHB from Wiggle.

My brother has got their bib shorts, the only negative review was that they are too padded, perfect he thought and promptly ordered them :thumbsup:

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!

Enw.nigel

I bought the DHB roubaix shown in your link and they are spot on for cold weather. The South Wales weather hasn't been below freezing yet but the times I have been out when it has been 2/3oC the Roubaix tights have been ideal. I don't bother with any layers beneath them either.
I am normally a medium in trousers (34 waist) etc so ordered a medium and they fit perfectly.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Ive got some merino leggings for under the pace ones. I've worn them under the paper thin sports direct MFX elite biblongs to great effect.

I'm actually more after some thin ones as they'll take me into spring nicely when I can just shed the base layers.

:smile: can't wait, I'm sure that the dodgy padding in the MFX stuff is the cause of the numbness in my feet after 20 mins, it's driving me mad.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
I bought the DHB roubaix shown in your link and they are spot on for cold weather. The South Wales weather hasn't been below freezing yet but the times I have been out when it has been 2/3oC the Roubaix tights have been ideal. I don't bother with any layers beneath them either.
I am normally a medium in trousers (34 waist) etc so ordered a medium and they fit perfectly.

Cheers Nigel! I'm leaning towards the roubaix ones and then i'll just get shorts and a jersey for the spring :biggrin: although size is an issue as i'm down to a 36" waist but some pants are loose on me already..... weight loss is great but which it would just settle down now! :laugh:

Ive got some merino leggings for under the pace ones. I've worn them under the paper thin sports direct MFX elite biblongs to great effect.

Do you find the pace ones not particularly warm then?

Please post up what you think of them when they arrive... cheers!

Top Bottom