Decorating...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Before, although I can't see what difference it makes.

I do it that way because I hate decorating so get it out of the way first, as I'll be too bored to do it properly at the end.

I enjoy decorating, some of the rooms in this house have been redone 8 times since I built the place 10 years ago.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Don't buy cheap paint, you will have to do double the work. Buy from Dulux Decorator Centres and get professional paint. You can get a loyalty card which gives you a discount.

PK99

Legendary Member
Before, although I can't see what difference it makes.

I do it that way because I hate decorating so get it out of the way first, as I'll be too bored to do it properly at the end.

Makes a difference to the texture of the finish - brushed is smoother than rolled

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got the bathroom ceiling to do this week.

And then the kitchen ceiling and walls :sad:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dulux matt white for the ceiling and Dulux for the walls as well.
Same for the gloss , Dulux. Cheap paint doesn’t usually work out cheaper as you might need 3 coats rather than one or two with good pigmenty paint.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Always cut in first, with a 3" or so brush with plenty of paint on it. And remove switch/socket fronts before painting for a better finish.

Dulux from the trade counter will cover very well in 2 coats, the retail generally needs 3 at least for a uniform finish, depending on your background. I always white the walls first, then colour coat.

Top Bottom