Deep breath, I'm going in...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

I'm done: Pick up on the 27th. I'm now off to write a stongly worded letter to HP. Something including the words crap, poo, intolerable, godawful, fit for purpose, made by muppetts and quality control har, har har.

Sorry Alex forgot the takeaway.

What was that 40 minutes or something?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
I'm done: Pick up on the 27th. I'm now off to write a stongly worded letter to HP. Something including the words crap, poo, intolerable, godawful, fit for purpose, made by muppetts and quality control har, har har.

Well blimey Crackle, result! (Removes hat as mark of respect.) Well done.

My HP laptop has been fine. Problem was the mains transformer, which crapped out after 9 months. The one they replaced it with crapped out after three months - ie, one week after the 12 month guarantee had finished.

'Oh dear', sez they, 'your guarantee has expired. But we can sell you a new one.'

'Does that seem fair to you?' sez I, 'supplying me with faulty goods, replacing them with faulty goods, then using their faultiness and a legal technicality as a means to make more profit out of your failure? Is this how HP is run these days?'

'Oh dear', sez they, 'your guarantee has expired. But we can sell you a new one.'

So I sent my enquiry and their response to their UK MD, asking him what he thought. And very soon after that an awfully nice young man rang up apologising profusely and offering me their top of the range model, which arrived the very next day and has worked perfectly ever since.

Just a shame you have to bitch and moan to get what's right.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Crackle said:

never mind. tell them you want a mac :ohmy:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Swee'pea, you couldn't pm me the contact details you used could you? I was just searching for an appropriate personage to write to. This 'thing' has had 3 different hardware faults in the space of two years. Luckily I did take out the extended warranty but it's poor, very poor.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Maz said:
F for Fecked...
R for Refund...

How I wish I'd thought of that during the call :ohmy:

Aperitif said:
"Sorry....sorry...cannot hear you - crackle on the line...."
Well done - it gives others hope. :smile:

:smile:Very good. There was actually but luckily it was masking the background music.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
never mind. tell them you want a mac :ohmy:

What, a big mac? Doesn't seem like a proper substitute for a decent curry.:smile:

Top Bottom