Defy 0 2015 vs Boardman Road Team Carbon - Both £999.99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pault_surrey

Hi all,

First time poster here....

I have my C2W vouchers, and was set for Boardman - but have recently been spooked by a few comments on various sites about the robustness of the team carbon and I was better of with the Defy 0.

Both are £1k, I am a realtive newbie to cycling, but suspect that it's going to grow on me....I used to run a lot, and I am now looking to get fit without so much impact on by body....

I am a large framed guy, 15stone and 6ft 1.

Any views appreciated.....

Thanks in advance.

Paul

coco69

Veteran
Never used any of the above however the boardman for the money always seems get decent reviews

mustang1

Guru
Defy.
Why? I took a chance and bought a bike from halfords and they screwed up the headset and supplied the bike with a slightly offset handlebar (I should have noticed, anyway that's a quick fix). I figure you'll have less chance of a problem when not buying from halfords.I also prefer the Giant brand over Boardman but that's just for superficial reasons.

mustang1

Guru
Defy.
Why? I took a chance and bought a bike from halfords and they screwed up the headset and supplied the bike with a slightly offset handlebar (I should have noticed, anyway that's a quick fix). I figure you'll have less chance of a problem when not buying from halfords.I also prefer the Giant brand over Boardman but that's just for superficial reasons.

vickster

Legendary Member
Giant stores are offering 40% off 2014 bikes, see what your local one has. You might get a better specced bike for your budget. Or the same for less with budget left for upgrades

15st and 6'1 isn't that big and shouldn't be any sort of barrier

Drago

Legendary Member

Better made, better finished better detail.design and while the Boardman is a decent enough machine both the press and owners at more universal in their praise for the Defy.

And it won't be assembled by an orangutang at Halfords.

And it plain rides better.

I wouldn't be upset to find the Boardman in my Christmas stocking, but given the choice the OP presents I'd have the Defy.

Top Bottom