Defy Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
OK, I did a search as is always recommended for decent mudguards to fit my 2017 Defy Advanced 1.
The results were somewhat outdated however.

So.

With Autumn fast approaching and the wet nastiness that comes with it. Any updated recommendations for decent mudguards to fit my Defy Advanced 1 please?

vickster

Legendary Member
They used to do specific defy mudguards assuming it’s alu? Tried Giant site?

13 rider

Guru
I presume the Defy advanced is carbon and has no mounts . I run sks raceblades on my 2012 Defy clip ons ,not perfect as they cover all the wheel but a lot better than nothing

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Race blades with an ass saver attached to extend the rear mud flap. Drill 2 small holes in the saver and bolt through the flap of the rear blade. This works quite well and will improve protection for you and importantly for any others you may be riding with in a group.

I have used this on a Defy Advanced but recently removed the guards (summer innit). No reference pics to hand but I am sure you get the idea.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Just pulled the trigger on a set of Raceblade Pro Stealths (Nicely match the bike!) :rolleyes:
Saw a YouTube video with a guy fitting them onto the same bike as mine and he was impressed with them. They look a doddle to fit and should be perfect as I'm not an avid mudguard user. Should be good for quick fitting if going out for a spin and the weather looks a bit suspect. :okay:
Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

D

Deleted member 1258

They used to do specific defy mudguards assuming it’s alu? Tried Giant site?

I think that one is no longer available, I used a set on my Eastway when I first had it, I just gone looking for it on line and it just comes up as no longer available.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm now using a SKS Raceblade Long Mudguard Set on my Eastway, I used to use a set made for the Giant Defy, that isn't available any more.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.SKS-Raceblade-Long-Mudguard-Set_89347.htm

Top Bottom