degla meet up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Vegan Blackbean brownies were made yesterday in preparation...
(I'm allergic to dairy so can't usually have shop bought cakes :sad: )
Does that include butter then? :sad:

Would love to try your brownies and will gladly swap for some mixed nut flapjack if you can live with the butter content.

Does that include butter then? :sad:

Would love to try your brownies and will gladly swap for some mixed nut flapjack if you can live with the butter content.
fraid not on the butter. all dairy from any 'source'. makes life interesting because I can't even trust a jam sandwich.. bread frequently has some form of dairy in it, marg virtually always has it in nowadays and even jam can have butter added to stop of frothing when cooking... but you are more than welcome to have a black bean brownie... My OH does not need the calories. :laugh:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Looks like Cubester's rugby is still on, so I'm afraid I'll be ducking out this time. However, if any of you get hooked, I would suggest a regular trailcentre meetup .... if only to try @longers flapjack again. . Now that IS special.:hungry:

Have fun y'all.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I will have lasting visions of Dan twating Longers bent wheel against a tree to straighten it out. ^_^
Adds a whole new meaning to the expression 'bush mechanic' :eek:

Great ride, loved it despite the weather and really good to finally meet a few more people off the forum so I can put some faces to the names :hello:

Loved the fast flowing, jumpy downhills, the steep, rocky, tricksy climbs and the wooden boardwalk sections, in fact the whole ride. When are we doing it again? :hyper:

Got a bit fed up with Dan_bo's excuse about his back brake dragging everytime I got stuck behind him on the downhill bits. It helps if you let go of the lever Dan :thumbsup:

Next get together has to be a few laps at the Clayton Vale tracks next to the Manchester Velodrome?

By the way, you guys that cleared of to the café at the end for cake and coffee, you missed the pump track and free-ride section. Both good for a bit of a giggle and also a few (more) airborne moments:wahhey:

longers

Legendary Member
No way was I chancing the wheel any further than the cafe!

Cheers muchly for a good spin. Next time eh?

edit: it was good to see the quickest bike was the oldest.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cracking day...... well - right up till my bike broke :smile:

Front brake lever is well and truly knackered. Good job I have a spare. :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Cracking day...... well - right up till my bike broke :smile:

Front brake lever is well and truly knackered. Good job I have a spare. :smile:
Bad luck mate. It really wasn't the place to try and ride with just one brake, especially without the front, despite our suggestions otherwise. You definitely made the right choice calling it a day at that point, some people had problems avoiding the scenery even with two brakes :whistle:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just tech washing my breathable cycle jacket and have loaded the rest of my dripping wet, muddy cycle gear into the washing machine. Couldn't do it last night as SWMBO was using the machine (how dare she?).

Still buzzing after the thrills of the trail yesterday :hyper:

Top Bottom