Dehydrating food?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Cycleops I can believe that with some fruit as it sort of retains quite a bit of moisture as in prunes, sultanas etc. Dehydrated bananas for example are bone dry and brittle. Not really sure of what causes the difference in moisture content though.

Nibor

Bewildered
From experience dried figs can certainly move things along.

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
Fibre content. If I'm correct with what I learnt at school fibre has very little dietary use other than to "lubricate" the intestines and allow food to pass easier without damaging the walls.. That's why too little fibre is the main cause of diverticulitis.....

Not just the liquid - drinking doesn't give you the trots I don't think... Unless maybe it's a fruit juice your drinking that has fibre in it..

Maybe I'm wrong..

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fibre content. If I'm correct with what I learnt at school fibre has very little dietary use other than to "lubricate" the intestines and allow food to pass easier without damaging the walls.. That's why too little fibre is the main cause of diverticulitis.....

Not just the liquid - drinking doesn't give you the trots I don't think... Unless maybe it's a fruit juice your drinking that has fibre in it..

Maybe I'm wrong..
Agreed. Fibres also provide a home for zillions of good bacteria (prebiotic properties) in the gut too, which is proven to aid digestion and various aspects of health.

Top Bottom