Denmark v Japan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hackbike 666 said:
God he scored.I like Japan as I have been there twice.

I've been once (but only Tokyo airport), but several times to Denmark.

I'm happy to see the Danes lose! :tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This a classic game of attack from Denmark and counter-attack from Japan. In terms of posession it looks like Denmark should be winning, but Japan have been far more incisive.

yello

Dayvo said:
More of a misjudgement by Sorensen

I thought so too. The ball did little imo even though it was well struck. Looked to me like the keeper simply left acres of goal uncovered and Honda took aim.

I think the goal keeping coach needs to have a word with the keeper about the second one too. This time, positioning of the wall. Again, a well hit shot but this time there was movement - around the wall - but I don't think the keeper had the wall far enough over, or it needed an extra man. I reckon I could have put that one in!

All of that said, Japan look far the better side to me. I'm impressed with their work rate, movement and defending. They're closing down players, snaffling the ball in midfield and there's been some really incisive passing. Actually, I'm impressed altogether! What price Japan for the next World Cup?

yello

...or is it the ball? Got to admit, I've read of the complaints (particularly from keepers) but I've not considered it until now.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
yello said:
Actually, I'm impressed altogether!

Me too, and I wasn't expecting it. On paper they were not looking too hot before this World Cup - they've raised their game. Their ball-winning has been particularly good, as has their passing on the break.

Top Bottom