Denmark v Japan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Japan thoroughly deserved that win. Far the better team. I think I might be watching them in the next round.

Motson had another Motty Moment; after 5mins he announced 'it looks like Japan are playing for a draw'; a bit premature :evil:

mangaman

Ashtrayhead said:
Plus the ref and linesman had the competitions shiniest heads, so far.

:evil: agree about the shinyheadidness of the officials. Worth a 9 out of 10

Japan were very good though, in all seriousness. This world cup has been a bit mad - last time's 2 finalists out already.

Japan could surprise a few people - they look a good side, with some outstanding players.

Honda has been fantastic - 30 years old and playing for CSKA Maocow but worth a punt on a 2 year contract for one of the lesser Prem teams I'de have thought.

HLaB said:
Motson had another Motty Moment; after 5mins he announced 'it looks like Japan are playing for a draw'; a bit premature :biggrin:

that's because he's a nause. see 'most annoying person thread'.

why does he still have a job commentating? why did he ever have a job commentating?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Watched this with my Danish friend.

*sigh*

Very impressed by Japan. Skilful, fast, precise and *very* tenacious. Denmark were on the back foot from start to finish...none of their players could get a moment's think-time. The moment they got the ball, there's be one o' the wee buggers right in their face. I thought Japan might tire toward the end because of their fantastic work-rate - but they never did! And even if the keeping was a tad suspect, those were still the best two free kicks I've seen in this competition. They're going to take some beating...(having said which, Denmark did look pretty hapless and sluggish)

Top Bottom