Dent in seatstay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How would the dent have happened anyway - there on the inside of a tube ? ? Definitely looks like a design feature to me.

T4tomo

Guru
I guess its a function of straight stays and an 11 spd cassette. Alu or carbon stays are normally shaped to accommodate the width. I guess a careful kink keeps the outside looking neat.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just as an aside I once squashed an 11-32 8sp cassette into an old 1980s frame. I had to run it as 7s because the teeny tiny 11t sprocket caused the chain to foul the frame.

Nobody in his right mind designs something that looks like a dent. My guess is that they got the frame measurement wrong and had to do that across the stock that has already been manufactured. It is actually a lovely bike and the brand is well regarded.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nobody in his right mind designs something that looks like a dent. My guess is that they got the frame measurement wrong and had to do that across the stock that has already been manufactured. It is actually a lovely bike and the brand is well regarded.
Chainstays tend to look a bit dented next to the chainrings.

That said, your guess could be right.

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
This email from genesis clears it up I bet there's a lot of people out there who might have thrown there bike out thinking the frame was scrap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-111423_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-111423_Email.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom