derailleur query.

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Salty seadog, 8 Aug 2018.

1. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

I need a sram rear mech for use with10 speed 11-32 cassette on my fast hybrid. Reliable, good quality v cost, anything on a deal you know about?

Don't really want to go above £50.

TIA.

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Guru

If its for a hybrid, I think you'll be looking at the X5 (medium cage?) for around £35. As far as I know, the cheaper Apex series are designed for use with road levers, not trigger shifters so have a different pull ratio.

3. OP
    OP
    Salty seadog

Thanks for the reply, I've ordered the apex earlier, it is an exact actuation 1:1 pull ratio which the one is replacing is. I asked wiggle and they say it will be compatible.

4. OP
    OP
    Salty seadog

As the pull ratio is 1:1 on both the apex derailleur and the one it's replacing and you could put an 11-32 cassette on either a road bike or hybrid with flat bars and trigger shifters surely it would move the same to climb the cassette.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice