Devices to enable communication Between 2 Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Have not used them when cycling, but, we have helmet mounted Bluetooth communications "gadgets" (bought off eBay, of course) to use when riding motorcycle. They work well on the motorcycle, see no reason why they would not work on a bicycle. As someone mentioned above, wind-noise can be a problem, but, I use it my advantage, it is a good excuse for claiming I did not hear, if it is something I do not not wish to hear ;)

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Many thanks for all your replies much appreciated

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Hi People: we have decided to go for a Terrano - X communication device - delivered tomorrow.

Hey hum carried away with excitement - I will give a update after a month or two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

We just tried out the Terrano X device: bit of a pain to put together and to get paired up - the man on YouTube makes it look so easy........

However once working they were great: it was only just up and down the cycle path at the moment but they did exactly what we wanted them to do - wind noise was not a problem so far so good.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

Been out with the Terrano X again: as a device they work great. Only problem again is getting the device paired up in the first place 5 attempts to do so. But hey once paired up worked fine.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My brother and endearing sister-in-law have bike to bike communication.

Which suits them, but is irritating on the rare occasions I ride with them.

If I am in the middle of our line of three, I hear half a conversation, or one of them says something and I don't know if they are talking to me or each other.

If we spread out, they decide things - stops, route changes - then present them to me, which causes confusion because I assume they've been too far apart to check with each other.

Happily on our last ride their batteries conked out after 80 miles, so I got some peace for the last 20 or so of the century.

OP
OP
Mini58

Mini58

My brother and endearing sister-in-law have bike to bike communication.

Which suits them, but is irritating on the rare occasions I ride with them.

If I am in the middle of our line of three, I hear half a conversation, or one of them says something and I don't know if they are talking to me or each other.

If we spread out, they decide things - stops, route changes - then present them to me, which causes confusion because I assume they've been too far apart to check with each other.

Happily on our last ride their batteries conked out after 80 miles, so I got some peace for the last 20 or so of the century.
Pale Rider: I am sure you could buy a similar device and log in as a 3 way

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pale Rider: I am sure you could buy a similar device and log in as a 3 way

I could, but I would rather not.

There are worse things, but it is irritating in the same way a loud mobile phone user in a restaurant or on a train is irritating.

Last edited:

DaddyPaddey

Welcome to my world. I am deaf in one ear, limited hearing in the other. I regularly ride with two others, them on their upwrongs. If I am at the rear I can hear nothing of the conversation, if at the front then about 75%. Thought about a communication device but afraid it would be worse as one of the two would deafen me with her wheezing!

Top Bottom