Devices to enable communication Between 2 Riders

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by Mini58, 4 Feb 2018.

1. BoldonLad

BoldonLad Über Member

Have not used them when cycling, but, we have helmet mounted Bluetooth communications "gadgets" (bought off eBay, of course) to use when riding motorcycle. They work well on the motorcycle, see no reason why they would not work on a bicycle. As someone mentioned above, wind-noise can be a problem, but, I use it my advantage, it is a good excuse for claiming I did not hear, if it is something I do not not wish to hear ;)

mjr likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Many thanks for all your replies much appreciated

Drago likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Hi People: we have decided to go for a Terrano - X communication device - delivered tomorrow.

Hey hum carried away with excitement - I will give a update after a month or two.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2018
    classic33 and Katherine like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

We just tried out the Terrano X device: bit of a pain to put together and to get paired up - the man on YouTube makes it look so easy........

However once working they were great: it was only just up and down the cycle path at the moment but they did exactly what we wanted them to do - wind noise was not a problem so far so good.

Katherine, smutchin and MossCommuter like this.
  5. bobcolover

bobcolover Über Member

6. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

7. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Been out with the Terrano X again: as a device they work great. Only problem again is getting the device paired up in the first place 5 attempts to do so. But hey once paired up worked fine.

8. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

My brother and endearing sister-in-law have bike to bike communication.

Which suits them, but is irritating on the rare occasions I ride with them.

If I am in the middle of our line of three, I hear half a conversation, or one of them says something and I don't know if they are talking to me or each other.

If we spread out, they decide things - stops, route changes - then present them to me, which causes confusion because I assume they've been too far apart to check with each other.

Happily on our last ride their batteries conked out after 80 miles, so I got some peace for the last 20 or so of the century.

9. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Pale Rider: I am sure you could buy a similar device and log in as a 3 way

10. Drago

Drago Guru

Or he could just speak to them.

11. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

Mmmm maybe it is just me but........is that an option?

Drago likes this.
  12. Drago

Drago Guru

Apparently so. Very popular up until 1996.

mjr likes this.
  13. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

I could, but I would rather not.

There are worse things, but it is irritating in the same way a loud mobile phone user in a restaurant or on a train is irritating.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2018
    Drago likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Mini58

Mini58 Active Member

I could not agree more about the mobile phone thing.

15. DaddyPaddey

DaddyPaddey Active Member

Welcome to my world. I am deaf in one ear, limited hearing in the other. I regularly ride with two others, them on their upwrongs. If I am at the rear I can hear nothing of the conversation, if at the front then about 75%. Thought about a communication device but afraid it would be worse as one of the two would deafen me with her wheezing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice