Devon C2C Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan_h

Just wondering if anyone else is doing or has done the Devon C2C Audax. It is on the 19th May and as I am visiting my folks in Devon I am using it as an excuse to escape for a few (Many?) hours! I think I will even give it a go fixed, it is not like Devon is hilly or anything!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It's a new event this year, am hopefully riding with a few friends, probably on the 100k as opposed to the 160k.
The 100k has 1300m of climbing and the 160k 2200m...I'll be taking my triple-equipped bike!
More info here for anyone else interested.

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

Thats cool, I did not know it is a new event this year. I was not entirely serious about it being flat as I lived in Devon for 20 odd years and know that it has the odd hil here and there. I have entered the 160k event so I am expecting a bit of climbing :thumbsup:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I was not entirely serious about it being flat as I lived in Devon for 20 odd years and know that it has the odd hil here and there. I have entered the 160k event so I am expecting a bit of climbing :thumbsup:
I didn't take it as being entirely serious, but if you lived here for 20 years you probably got used to the hills, maybe even learned to love them a little bit ^_^

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

Cool, maybe I wil see you there, you may be able to spot me... I will have a singlespeed and look a little like the badly dressed cyclist in my avatar pic!

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
I made a decision to get involved in some Audaxing this year and I've been eyeing this one up as a possible first event. Also liking the sound of the Valley of the Rocks in June, but not 100% certain that I'm up to a 200km ride just yet.

Ultimately I want to be able to ride the Kernow & SW 600, but I think I may have to wait a year or so to be up to that!

Wild Rover

Regular
Hi all - I'm doing the 160k Coast-to-Coast and also the Valley of the Rocks (and the Torplex 200). I've only done 1 x 100k Audax up to now(although I've done a 130k sportive recently, the South Hams Hammer). I'm thus also pretty new to these longer distances - if you see me, please say hello - I'm the short one with the Claud Butler Dalesman sporting a Carradice saddle bag and twin-spot lights!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Would have done the c to c but am working the 19th. I am doing the Sea and Levels permanent 200 next week with another Audaxer. Its Lyme Regis to Clevedon and back via Glastonbury but were doing it back to front starting in Clevedon (The organizer is happy with that).

All signed up for the 160KM.

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

Right, all packed and on my way to Devon soon. Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Hi all - I'm doing the 160k Coast-to-Coast and also the Valley of the Rocks (and the Torplex 200). I've only done 1 x 100k Audax up to now(although I've done a 130k sportive recently, the South Hams Hammer). I'm thus also pretty new to these longer distances - if you see me, please say hello - I'm the short one with the Claud Butler Dalesman sporting a Carradice saddle bag and twin-spot lights!

Cool, I will keep my eyes open and say hi if i see you :thumbsup:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Thoroughly enjoyed the 100k version of this event, thought it was a really good route - lots of nice views and enough climbing to be interesting but not so much it felt like a chore.

A couple of friends rode the 160k and enjoyed it, hope everyone had a good day out.

Wild Rover

Regular
Glad you enjoyed it - I did the 160k (which actually was 181k) and met Dan (see above). A good ride, weather just about perfect but struggled a bit near the end - don't think I ate /drank properly. Hats off to Dan though - he did the entire thing (including some pretty steep hills) on a singlespeed. I couldn't have done that!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's a brand new event this year, so I'm pleased it went well. Roy, the organiser, is a master of laney routes.

OP
OP
Dan_h

Dan_h

Glad you enjoyed it - I did the 160k (which actually was 181k) and met Dan (see above). A good ride, weather just about perfect but struggled a bit near the end - don't think I ate /drank properly. Hats off to Dan though - he did the entire thing (including some pretty steep hills) on a singlespeed. I couldn't have done that!

Thanks! It was good to meet you. I did eventually get to the end. I was very pleased to see that sign showing 1 mile back to Kentisbere though ^_^

Top Bottom