Diamondback Ascent, circa 1998/9

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
I have (perhaps foolishly!) agreed to have a look at my partners sons Diamondback Ascent with a view to making it roadworthy again. At this point in time I have not actually seen the bike but understand it was purchased around 1998/9. It has a 7 speed Shimano cassette with a triple chainring, believed to be a Shimano STX (?) groupset with thumb shifters.

This is all I know at the moment but I was hoping someone on the forum may be able to point me in the direction of a website where I may be able to find the full spec and/or photos? I have tried Googling it but with only minor success.

Thanks in anticipation.......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Here is one ! Had a respray about 15 years ago.

Mine was originally Deore LX - It's still 7 speed but now has XT rear mech and XT Canti brakes.

The frames are Tange Cro-mo and very good.

20160207_121251.jpg

OP
OP
RegG

RegG

Über Member
Here is one ! Had a respray about 15 years ago.

Mine was originally Deore LX - It's still 7 speed but now has XT rear mech and XT Canti brakes.

The frames are Tange Cro-mo and very good.

View attachment 143595

Thank you for that quick reply! It will a couple of weeks before I get my hands on the bike but am looking forward to having a tinker with it! Yours looks very good - I doubt the one I will be playing around with will be in such good order!!

Top Bottom