Did a Metric 100 today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Simon . I cant get near that at the moment . Any aches and pains will disappear . Great efforts .

OP
OP
simon the viking
:okay: Nice one
like you max i've done is just over 50 miles. Just need to work out a good longer route and find the right time to do a longer ride out.
Onwards and upwards :smile:

I find the problem is finding somewhere to go... if i do a circle.. the temptation is to bail when i see a sign for Burton on Trent and cut the ride short

aferris2

Guru
Well done! I've started doing more metric 100's this year and it's just about my limit too. Like you, I sometimes suffer from cramp towards the end of the ride.

A question for those who do longer rides - is there something that can be done to avoid getting cramp?

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well done! I've started doing more metric 100's this year and it's just about my limit too. Like you, I sometimes suffer from cramp towards the end of the ride.

A question for those who do longer rides - is there something that can be done to avoid getting cramp?

I think another one or two 10 minutes breaks would have helped.. but was very aware of the gps battey after 5 hours as its only a tomtom smart watch

D

Deleted member 1258

I find the problem is finding somewhere to go... if i do a circle.. the temptation is to bail when i see a sign for Burton on Trent and cut the ride short

Well done! If you're around Burton On Trent look out for the Forestry Centre at Rosliston, there's a decent cafe there. If you're on the A444 near Twycross look out for Harvey's Coffee Cabin.

I often fine that too or think of a place only to map it out and find it comes up short.

I'm helped out by the local geography: there's several long river valleys here which I can follow upstream for 50k or 80k and then trundle back down again when I've reached the halfway point.

Some would suggest that this is cheating as the 'uphill' is very gentle enough to be barely noticeable, but it still gives me a downhill that's nice and easy with minimal pedalling, but I don't care.

There's plenty more valley than I've managed so far, should I be overcome with an urge to break 200k...

Top Bottom