Did this happen to anyone on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Where has this worked in the past?
Well at least they only do it once, :laugh::laugh:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Scumbags. Of course it's all just harmless #BANTZ until someone get's seriously injured; but even then it was only a cyclist - right?

This reminds me of a vaguely similiar situation I found myself in some years ago. Riding down a long stretch of road, occasionally hearing a "noise" behind me. Turns out it's a car full of meat heads, one of whom was shouting loudly at cyclists as they passed (nothing intelligable, just a loud, single bark); presumably in an effort to startle them into falling off :rolleyes:

Did the same to me but I was aleady half aware so it didn't surprise me. I sped up and chased them into town; my intention to wait until they'd parked and let all their tyres down. When I caught up to them at some lights I noticed that both passenger side windows were open, so both occupants got a good hosing from the slightly sticky contents of my water bottle - as well as a few choice words before I caned off down the inside leaving them boxed in and unable to give chase.

I rarely have the balls for such things, but when it all comes together it's a beautiful thing :smile:

Are you prepared to pay for it? Such as an increase in basic tax from 20% to 25%?
How about a change in legislation so that the banks, corporations and rich in general actually start paying some tax instead...?

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I rarely have the balls for such things, but when it all comes together it's a beautiful thing :smile:

I once did something similar, involving a smart slap on the roof rather than a squirt through the window.

The miscreants attempted to catch me by driving at speed down the pavement. They could easily have killed a bystander, or me.

These types of idiot are best ignored, unjust though it is. They are scum in possession of an indiscriminate lethal weapon, and taking revenge is far too dangerous to be worth even the enormous satisfaction such acts bring.

All just IMO, of course.

I hope it was just a "spray of WATER". Could have been any liquid, including harmful substances.
That was my fear when it happened to me a few years back, after I was soaked by a passing car, but on review I saw it disgustingly came out of his mouth. At the time
Could have been any liquid, including harmful substances
was definitely my fear. But despite having a pretty clear view of the passenger's face and plates the police told me as it was a hire car they weren't pursuing it. I didn't want any prosecution anyway but I wanted them to have a word but they wouldn't even do that :sad: In the current climate it might have been treated differently.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7J_Xhx2ZnU&t=

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I once did something similar, involving a smart slap on the roof rather than a squirt through the window.

The miscreants attempted to catch me by driving at speed down the pavement. They could easily have killed a bystander, or me.

These types of idiot are best ignored, unjust though it is. They are scum in possession of an indiscriminate lethal weapon, and taking revenge is far too dangerous to be worth even the enormous satisfaction such acts bring.

All just IMO, of course.
Yeah, my intense dislike of confrontation usually pulls me to the same conclusion. That said at the end of the day f*** people like this and IMO once in a while it's both cathartic and necessary to give them something back.

DRM

Guru
I have seen those vans in West Yorkshire, with the same area identifier (issued in Shrewsbury?) reason I noticed them, they always go through the traffic lights on the roundabout at junction 28 of the M62 on red, usually at least two of them, who then speed east on the M62, seem to have come from the direction of Dewsbury/Batley, definitely a national courier company with occupants in hi-vis vests

D

Deleted member 26715

How about a change in legislation so that the banks, corporations and rich in general actually start paying some tax instead...?
Yep I'd agree to that
We wouldn't need to. Any reduction in crime more than pays for itself.
Not a chance or it would have happened but now

Drago

Legendary Member
Annual cost of crime = estimated at 37 billion a year.

Annual cost of prison system = 3.2 billion.

We could have 11 times as many people in prison, and the financial cost of doing so would still be outweighed by their crimes. Therefore, locking them all up anyway would cost less than the crimes they commit. Simple mathematics tells us it is cheaper to have them prison amd unable to commit crime against society, than it would to have them running round free to pillage at will.

Now, that is only a mathematical argument, not a moral one. Nevervetheless, it demonstrates no requirement whatsoever to compel the law abiding population to "pay more" to lock up the villains and keep them out of circulation. The idea that theres an increased cost to increased justice is laughable.

Johnno260

Veteran
Worst thing I had thrown at me was a coke bottle full of urine, and a close pass, they stopped at the pub along the road and left the windows down so I emptied both my water bottles onto the front seats.
Childish response from myself sure, but I’m sick of being treated like a disposable piece of trash for using a bike.
Sad fact is the muppets have won as I myself haven’t used the bike or even left the house in 9 days now.

D

Deleted member 26715

See, you have just exemplified what is wrong with society. When money becomes more important than safety and justice we really do need a rethink of where we are heading.
I didn't say I wasn't prepared to pay extra, but we have to assume @DSK isn't as he/she hasn't come back to confirm or deny it, only @Drago appears to have an what I believe a misguided opinion on the matter,

BurningLegs

Veteran
Annual cost of crime = estimated at 37 billion a year.

Annual cost of prison system = 3.2 billion.

We could have 11 times as many people in prison, and the financial cost of doing so would still be outweighed by their crimes. Therefore, locking them all up anyway would cost less than the crimes they commit
There are so many flawed assumptions in this! Here are a couple:
  • That having more people in prison reduces the rate of crime (does it work in the U.S?)
  • That £1 spent on the prison service reduces the cost of crime by £1 (perhaps £1 in the prison service could actually reduce the cost of crime by more than £1 if spent in the right way?)

I think I might have some support for your underlying view, but the way you’ve presented it is a bit of a Daily Mail/lowest common denominator over-simplification of a very nuanced issue.

Top Bottom