did you ever give your job a glamourous title

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
in a former job that took me to S America, Egypt and Europe I jokingly referred to myself as a Transcontinental Installation/Field Engineer.

Basically I'm a maintenance engineer :tongue:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
At a mate's place of work, one of the job titles was Assistant Engineer. The Assistant Engineer not surprisingly reported to The Engineer. The Engineer's boss was the Secretary of State for Wales.

Assistant Engineer was a very senior position

Secretary of State for Wales
0c7278ad1c58bbae94b7f5ab65c583e8.jpg

Thinking about it, I like the one that Mark Radcliffe used, when he worked at Picadilly Radio in Manchester, in the mid-80s (we're off to see him, on Friday evening:okay: )

for his own amusement, he called himself the 'Assistant (for) Regional Strategic Events', who had an underling, who was a 'Technician In Training'

As Radcliffe was 'over' (boss of said minion) I'll let you all work out the acronym:angel:

postman

Legendary Member
Even now i cannot tell you what i did.Waaaay back in 1972 i had to sign an official secrets act form.But i can say i was in International Communications.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not so glamorous, I once heard a former manager of mine, an former RAF technician refer to someone as a 'shiny'
Eh, what's that ?...I asked.

Shiny trousers...an office worker, someone who never gets off their backside and their trousers get a shine on them.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have a moderately glamourous title at least for another 4 years. Although some may argue that the noun 'Canada' in it immediately renders it nice but boring rather than glamourous which is probably true.

Top Bottom