"Did you get knocked off?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you get the registration number of the HGV? If I was you I would contact the police, I would suggest you are now a witness. His comments might be of interest to the police.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I came across this about 15 mins after you. There were 3 police cars, and a police officer pushing a hybrid bike.

Thankfully there was not a crime scene tent there - so fingers crossed the cyclist will be OK.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I suppose there could have been a guy under his wheel somewhere and he was too afraid to look...

See if there is anything in your local rag or paper website later?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Can't do any harm to mention it - they may be able to get the driver to get in touch. Indeed, he may have done so already if he was asking around about the incident anyway.

User1314 said:
Should I contact the police then, as Magnatom suggests? I didn't get the reg number of the HGV.

I would, will do no harm. This chap might not have anything to do with the incident at all, but he may have. The police often ask for witnesses who were around at or near the time of the incident.

As Landslide suggests, it may be that this chap was a witness and hasn't thought of contacting the police. You could help by passing on his details.

If you do contact them, let us know how you get on.

Top Bottom