Did you vote in the recent CTC Council election?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm also a little concerned that the OP feels that anything the AA does is worthy of emulation. Those chumps couldn't find their own bum crack if you gave them a mirror on a stick, yet he feels their model is something worthy of copying..

snorri

Legendary Member
But it sounds as if my membership sub was enabling you to get free advice.
I'm surprised at your attitude, the availability of technical advice was included in a list of membership benefits advertised as an incentive to taking out membership. It would seem a cumbersome and time consuming process for CTC to get technical advice from an independent consultant. No doubt the independence of the consultant would soon be questioned by certain members:rolleyes:.
Apart from the mag. and insurance, it is difficult to think of any other member benefits I have obtained from my subscription payments over quite a number of years.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm also a little concerned that the OP feels that anything the AA does is worthy of emulation. Those chumps couldn't find their own bum crack if you gave them a mirror on a stick, yet he feels their model is something worthy of copying..
Whilst I agree with your trenchant analysis the AA have a public profile to die for. They routinely have folk convinced they are the fourth emergency service. They are very clever at selling things to their members, like most membership organisations, including unions these days, trading off their "trusted brand" status, and are the darlings of the broadcast media who turn to Edmund King whenever they want a semi-intelligent response about an issue to do with the roads...

Drago

Legendary Member
They routinely score poorly in customer satisfaction surveys. Not quite in the same league as British Gas, but their reputation is not as enviable as their brand penetration. Of course, I speak as someone who commenced legal action against them and won.

Top Bottom