didn't know where to post this new cycle cafe open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
They've nearly stolen my idea for a bike repair shop come cafe in my home town. It would sell quality beverages plus of course a wide range of cake. There would be a small workshop area in the back, with a limited range of bike spares for those requiring repairs done. There would be a good but not over intrusive sound system, playing songs by The Clash and others. The name of the cafe? "Rock the Crossbar"!

Unfortunately there are already existing cafes on just about every corner in the town centre area. However, the idea remains in my head.... :smile:

Last edited:

SpareSprocket

Down here in Abergavenny we went through a spate of charity shops opening up on almost every corner. Now, they've all closed and have re-opened as cafes. Must be a sign that we're out of recession .... or is that people are naive enough to think that running a cafe is a doddle and that there is an almost limitless supply of mugs who'll pay through the nose for an overpriced coffee ?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Where I live more and more shops are closing then re-opening as cafes. I reckon about 70% of the shops are now cafes. The town of Machynlleth is swarming with them. Nothing else just cafes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Down here in Abergavenny we went through a spate of charity shops opening up on almost every corner. Now, they've all closed and have re-opened as cafes. Must be a sign that we're out of recession .... or is that people are naive enough to think that running a cafe is a doddle and that there is an almost limitless supply of mugs who'll pay through the nose for an overpriced coffee ?
Were are you from sprocket - abergavenny is my old hometown

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I heard one has opened near Guilford but I cant understand it myself . If I go out for a ride I need my food to settle first or I puke . Why would I stop for a meal and then puke it up a few miles down the road ? Self harm ?

Herbie

Veteran
They've nearly stolen my idea for a bike repair shop come cafe in my home town. It would sell quality beverages plus of course a wide range of cake. There would be a small workshop area in the back, with a limited range of bike spares for those requiring repairs done. There would be a good but not over intrusive sound system, playing songs by The Clash and others. The name of the cafe? "Rock the Crossbar"!

Unfortunately there are already existing cafes on just about every corner in the town centre area. However, the idea remains in my head.... :smile:

nice idea and cool name and good sounds....i'd be in there lots

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I heard one has opened near Guilford but I cant understand it myself . If I go out for a ride I need my food to settle first or I puke . Why would I stop for a meal and then puke it up a few miles down the road ? Self harm ?
Have you considered slowing down a bit after lunch??

just ask for a mug of hot water instead. I never get charged for it (and no I don't add my own coffee or tea to it) - I like hot water.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A group of us stopped for a break on a fast Manchester 100 run last year. I think I had a full English and probably a bit of cake and a coffee and maybe a can of Coke. I don't recall feeling any worse for it during the remainder of the ride :mrpig:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
A group of us stopped for a break on a fast Manchester 100 run last year. I think I had a full English and probably a bit of cake and a coffee and maybe a can of Coke. I don't recall feeling any worse for it during the remainder of the ride :mrpig:

Some people are made to eat others are not, I can never understand why when offered a biscuit at around 4pm they say "no thanks it will spoil their tea" ,,,,,, what is that all about , I could have half the packet and still enjoy my tea

Top Bottom