didn't know where to post this new cycle cafe open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
'Bicycle Repairman' in Prudhoe has opened a new road racing LBS with a cafe in it in the unit opposite his main shop... looks to be doing well with the local 'serious' racers, but I daren't step over the threshold... far too intimidating!

Last edited:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
They've nearly stolen my idea for a bike repair shop come cafe in my home town. It would sell quality beverages plus of course a wide range of cake. There would be a small workshop area in the back, with a limited range of bike spares for those requiring repairs done. There would be a good but not over intrusive sound system, playing songs by The Clash and others. The name of the cafe? "Rock the Crossbar"!

Unfortunately there are already existing cafes on just about every corner in the town centre area. However, the idea remains in my head.... :smile:
I love this idea but imagine how long it would take to get things done as you have to stop fixing a bike, thoriughly wash your hands and change from overalls into an apron just to show someone the cake selection. :smile:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
'Bicycle Repairman in Prudhoe has opened a new road racing LBS with a cafe in it in the unit opposite his main shop... looks to be doing well with the local 'serious' racers, but I daren't step over the threshold... far too intimidating!
Please, please, please overcome your fear and go into the cafe on the most old fashioned bike you can get your hands on, with your trousers tucked in your socks as if you own the place. Otherwise they will never learn.:smile:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Some people are made to eat others are not, I can never understand why when offered a biscuit at around 4pm they say "no thanks it will spoil their tea" ,,,,,, what is that all about , I could have half the packet and still enjoy my tea
Quite. Besides a person needs a little smackerell around about 4ish.

Top Bottom