Didn't manage the 50m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wades

Good effort fellow Horley person! :thumbsup:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Don't get hung up on figures, 42 miles is bloody good going. Just get out and enjoy it, you'll be going further than 50 before you know it. Well done!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Bad luck. It sounds as though you'd already done most of the climbing - there's a steep little bugger called Spout Hill just after New Addington but after that it's gently downhill all the way to the Thames. If you do it next week or the week after, be sure to give me a wave because you'll be cycling past where I live (Creekside, just before Greenwich).

Wades

Thanks other horley person.Have you ever been up that way,if so what's it like beyond the golf club????

Sorry never been that way myself. Spent alot of time on the various trails across the downs and Reigate and Leith hill but tend to stick to the roads these days.

Am tempted to give it a go in the next few weeks though. You'll get there!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
42 is a nice ride and you have 50 to aim for another day.

How are you feeling today, hope you managed to stretch your legs:thumbsup:

Canrider

Guru
Very well done. I've only ever managed 47, and that was with getting lost and circling the town on back roads looking for the way back 'in'.
But now you know you can DO IT, do it again!

Blue

Legendary Member
Ah yes, the glass is always half full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can do 42m the 50m target will come easily, then it's onwards to 60m, then 100km, then 100m, then........................................................ The final target is always beyond the next hill. ^_^

Did you enjoy it?

Problem solved!

As above, don't get hung up with figures (You could mutate into an Audaxer!) so long as you enjoy the ride and the day itself that is what matters.

Many of those who "can" do long distances will tell you that at some point the emphasis changes from the enjoyment of ridingto simply mahing miles to complete the task.

I do the Isle of Wight Randonnee every year (100km) as a "test of my fitness" yet when I tour or go out for a day then 40 miles is the limit as I want to stop, look at churches, interesting buildings, landscapes, a leisurely pub lunch or cafe stop and al the other things that make the day enjoyable

Top Bottom