Different kind of clipless moment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No.. I haven't had an on road clipless moment for ages.....like a couple years (touches nearest wood....) however yesterday.... I bashed my knee, cheek, bike and pride.....

Leaving work through the front doors (a shop) walking on a polished floor wheeling my bike wearing SPD-SL cleats... I've walked on the floor hundreds of times with my bike shoes on..... but yesterday I slipped and crashed into a 'Paul Hollywood' cookware stand.... there was still loads of stock on it... I thought it would have sold out by now.... after all he did!

Anyway bashed my cheek bone... ouch bruised... Knee..... Very Ouch.... Bike seat broke off rails at front..... wallet crunching ouch as now got my eye on a Fizik... But will probably go Spoon..... and pride.....bruised....

To be fair everyone was concerned with my welfare... and as I was clearly in considerable pain with my knee I was offered a lift home by the Manager with his crewcab pick up.... I declined and cycled home.... today I can barely bend my knee and may be off the bike for a few days... switched the seat for a very dubious looking spare I had which will have to suffice until funds are available.....

I'm back at work tomorrow and obviously that's when the inevitable pi$$ taking will begin.....

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
Ah that old trick.There was a time I found the Waterloo concourse like a skating rink challenge.Especially when wet.

I still have the odd slipping moment.Sometimes when putting my foot down when stopping and slipped off the pavement last year at a set of lights between Bow and Stratford with a motorist wondering what the hell I was up to.

Ice2911

Über Member
No.. I haven't had an on road clipless moment for ages.....like a couple years (touches nearest wood....) however yesterday.... I bashed my knee, cheek, bike and pride.....

Leaving work through the front doors (a shop) walking on a polished floor wheeling my bike wearing SPD-SL cleats... I've walked on the floor hundreds of times with my bike shoes on..... but yesterday I slipped and crashed into a 'Paul Hollywood' cookware stand.... there was still loads of stock on it... I thought it would have sold out by now.... after all he did!

Anyway bashed my cheek bone... ouch bruised... Knee..... Very Ouch.... Bike seat broke off rails at front..... wallet crunching ouch as now got my eye on a Fizik... But will probably go Spoon..... and pride.....bruised....

To be fair everyone was concerned with my welfare... and as I was clearly in considerable pain with my knee I was offered a lift home by the Manager with his crewcab pick up.... I declined and cycled home.... today I can barely bend my knee and may be off the bike for a few days... switched the seat for a very dubious looking spare I had which will have to suffice until funds are available.....

I'm back at work tomorrow and obviously that's when the inevitable pi$$ taking will begin.....
There should get a dislike button, hope you are ok and on the mend.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Okayish .....my own fault though I know the floor is slippy when ive cycle shoes on... knee is still painful and bruised.... trouble is I'm still suffering from a slightly twisted ankle on the other leg due to wet decking incident a week ago so I dont know which leg to limp on!

Top Bottom