Different kinds of passes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will Spin

Über Member
It seems to me that people need to be taught how to safely overtake cyclists. There's usually at least one on every ride who swings right over onto the opposite side, completely oblivious of the possibility of oncoming traffic just before or even whilst taking a bend.

Drago

Legendary Member
Most drivers don't know how to overtake anything safely.

johnnyb47

Guru
If room allows, I always overtake and put my car as far away as possible from the cyclist. I always use my indicator's too ,to let others behind know that there's something or someone head that I'm passing. Its surprising the amount of drivers that don't. I suppose I'm a little over cautious but being a cyclist my self I know how uncomfortable it is to experience a close pass.
Let's hope this trend of safe passes continue.

Mrs M

Guru
Most drivers don't know how to overtake anything safely.
Too true :sad:
I got a lift a few years ago up to the stables where I used to ride.
Lift was from a friend's dad, he was a driving instructor.
We were approaching a horse about to overtake and he asked me what to do! :headshake:
"Pass wide and slow"
:angry:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Hmm...I find that most drivers do actually pass me in a perfectly safe manner. It's the odd dipstick who's either too stupid to safely pass or too selfish to give a bit if room and so tarnishes other drivers. One bad apple and so on.
However, and maybe it's me turning into a grumpy old fart, these summer bunny cyclists. Aaaaargghhhh. Go back inside to your God damn turbo trainers!
I had one crappy pass yesterday. And it was from some bellend member of Lancashire Road Club who passed within inches while I was already passing a parked car in the Rivington lanes.
Gotta get those Strava segments right? A55holes.

Top Bottom