Digital music question - can't find that magic box!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gom

Über Member
When I discovered that iPods were no longer being made (and iTunes became appalling post v10) I looked around for hi-qual mp3 players and settled on Fiio (reading on-line reviews). I now have X1 and X3, although these exact models have now been replaced. Originally used at work, but I found good when plugged into a mini-hifi via line-out (they have options for headphones or line-out from the headphone socket). The X3 has a digital out, but I never got round to using it.
Both take a micro SD for storage (none internal), and can handle 128Gb.
They support .mp3, .flac, .m4a & probably others.
You can find things via album, artist, etc. tag in the file, but I find the files+folders view is the best way.
I don't know what would now be considered a a quality "mp3" player, but I do find browsing from the player a very easy way to select and play stuff - so I agree with other posters that a good "mp3" is the way to go. I have another gadget that will play music from the PC via wifi, but it is a right pain to use, so I don't bother.

Tremorpheus

How about a a pirate audio line out with raspberry pi zero and pibow zero case from pimoroni.com? DAC and screen with local buttons, Spotify, plex server, local mp3 etc support and not expensive

Attachments

• pirate-audio-3_1024x1024.jpg
    pirate-audio-3_1024x1024.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom