Dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bike shop A - bike £999. Excellent customer service. Very knowledgable and friendly staff. Free bike fit (£69 if bought separately). 25% off clothing for 3 months and 10% off hardware for a year. 70 mile and a 2 hour round trip.
Bike shop B - same bike, same size, in stock £799. Issues with them in the past. Lied about what year a particular bike on sale was (said 2018, it was a 2016 model). Said impossible to fit mudguards to my bike (took it to shop A who did it in half an hour). Issues with their bike build on a previous bike bought through them which ended up costing me around £100. 15 mile and 40 minute round trip.

Shop a will not price match or reduce at all. Both authorised dealers, not sure why b has the sale and a doesn’t.

I’m pretty certain i’m going for A, but, £200

What would you do ?

screenman

Legendary Member
A every time.

Johnno260

Veteran
Can’t put a price on good service A

Slick

Guru
A would be my choice, but I would as a minimum split the 200 quid difference with the guy. :okay:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Normally it would be the cheaper shop every time, but if I felt ripped off previously I would rather ride a £10 scrapper than give them another penny. Can you get the same bike online at the reduced price?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Assuming you want the bike fit and that shop B's build quality is the same as last time:

Shop A:

Bike 999
Bike fit 0
Ton worth of clothes 75
Ton worth of spares 90
Total 1164

Shop B:

Bike 799
Bike fit 69
Fixing their shitty build 100
Ton worth of clothes 100
Ton worth of spares 100
Total 1168

So buy from shop A and have the satisfaction that your money is going to people who probably deserve it.

lane

Veteran
Assuming you want the bike fit and that shop B's build quality is the same as last time:

Shop A:

Bike 999
Bike fit 0
Ton worth of clothes 75
Ton worth of spares 90
Total 1164

Shop B:

Bike 799
Bike fit 69
Fixing their shitty build 100
Ton worth of clothes 100
Ton worth of spares 100
Total 1168

So buy from shop A and have the satisfaction that your money is going to people who probably deserve it.

Forget the discounts you won't save anything compared to online after the discount. Bike fit of debatable value personally I would rather fit myself. How is the build so poor it costs £100 to rectify?

Top Bottom