Dinner???????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Blimey. 16 pints is a lot. How many days will it take you to finish?

It'll be hanging around in the freezer in ever decreasing tupperwares for a couple of weeks I expect.

I would have made a bit more but it's about 10mm off the top of the pan ;)

To link up with Auntie Helens post, there's a celeriac in the soup somewhere as well.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

You made me choke on my tea there!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

No curry, no lentils, no breads and no YOGHURT!!!!!!!!!!!!

User1314 said:
Bangers, mash, gravy and caramelised onions tonight. With mustard.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Auntie Helen said:
So is it sort-of like swede, then, which I often mix with mash?

In texture, yes a bit, but different flavour - slightly (as the name suggests) celery flavoured, and also (if I remember correctly) a little aniseedy.

Mmm, still thinking about tonight. If I did the chicken kiev thing (assuming I can cook it from frozen, I could do it with cous cous, and do more than I need and have that for lunch tomorrow....

Or rice.

I know what'll happen, I'll just do something random when I get in. Left to my own devices (oh, I am!) I'd have pasta almost every night, with various sorts of sauce. Seems to suit the Italians. I don't think my Mum approves, she's the sort to plan all her meals for the week (a very good idea) in order to use up half tins of this or that, but in different meals - one with pasta, one rice, one potatoes, a soup.... I'll just do the same meal three nights running!

Arch

Married to Night Train
User1314 said:
Bangers, mash, gravy and caramelised onions tonight. With mustard.

ooooh.... Mmmmmm......

I love caramalised onions. When I was little, Saturday lunch was sometimes hot dogs - with proper hot dog type sausages, and onions cooked in butter. Mmmmmmm.

Onion marmalade, with some nice cheese and a bit of pie. Food of the gods...

U

User482

Greedo said:
What did you have then?

Or are you dinner and tea person

Rather than lunch and dinner person?

Braised lamb with roast spuds, minted peas & carrots. We have an excellent staff canteen here, which is hard to resist. For tea I'll probably make another assualt on the large vat of veggie chilli Mrs R cooked on Sunday.

Top Bottom