Dipping a toe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Shhhhh. Don't tell him that!

:laugh: It's okay, Road season is now in legwarmer mode, my scars will heal before the next leg shave!

Talking tires, are there any good value winter/mud options? All the options I've seen so far seem to cost a fortune! I like the look of the Schwalbe hans dampf (sp?) but I don't really know what I'm looking at.

Jody

Stubborn git
CRC currently have a sale on and there are some reasonable tyres on offer. I wouldn't fret so much over a "mud tyre" but try to pick an all rounder. Proper mud tyres are skinny with chunky tread but don't roll well. Try and get to me thing in between. Hans dampf and Nobby Nic's are a good compromise that you can use all year round. I feel your pain with the price of tyres. They are nearly as expensive as car tyres. 35 quid is about right for one depending on carcass and compound type.

Jody

Stubborn git
Bargain for £15. I like Nobby Nics and run them myself but just be careful if taking a flat corner with loose material as they have a tendancy to washout without giving any warning. I have found reversing the tyre direction from manufacturers recommendation helped marginally but they still do it. Not sure if the Hands Dampf is any better for the front.

Top Bottom