Disabling automated alerts for a thread I've posted on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dolorous Edd

Sorry, I have tried but can't work it out..

Every thread I post on becomes 'watched' by default and I have to manually 'unwatch' it to prevent automated alerts (little bell at the top) whenever there is a later post on that same thread. I would like to disable this default and only watch threads where I have consciously clicked the 'watch' button at the top.

I have been into settings but am being a bit dim and can't work out how to effect this. Thanks.

OldShep

Über Member
Click > your name
lower LHS click> preferences
tune to your heart’s desire

Alex321

Veteran
If I quote Dolorous on a thread (s)he has Unwatched, will a notifictation be sent/raised/displayed?
That depends on whether they have the option to be notified when their post is quoted turned on. If that is turned on, they will get notified even if the thread is not otherwise watched. If that is turned off, they will not get notified of any posts to that thread, even if it quotes them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That depends on whether they have the option to be notified when their post is quoted turned on. If that is turned on, they will get notified even if the thread is not otherwise watched. If that is turned off, they will not get notified of any posts to that thread, even if it quotes them.
This got me curious about something...

I went into a thread that I had Ignored and made a post that would attract some Likes, which it soon did. I wanted to know if I would get notifications from an Ignored thread... Answer: NO! Once you opt out of a thread, you won't know if people are trying to pull you back in.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not even if it's a reeeeeeeally good flounce?
It would be really sad to flounce but then do a count of pleas to UNflounce! :laugh:

Top Bottom