Disc brakes to be allowed for pro teams - test period

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Your the one that dragged my name back into the thread media sheep............next you'll be saying david caeron is a nice guy and didnt mean to fiddle the tax man

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I only thought it fair to tag you, rather than making comments "behind your back" as it were.

What was your golf handicap before you moved to those pesky 15.4 mile TTs?
Single figures.....just like the number of your brain cells

oldroadman

Veteran
I had hoped that this serious matter was being discussed without resort to silly insults. Silly people, both of you.
I could not see what the purpose of introducing discs was, except for commercial reasons, selling a "must have new" device to the easily convinced. Now a serious injury. I'll agree that for CX and MTB, commuting and general riding, they are OK and in some cases better than a mud clogged calliper. But none of these uses has anywhere from 60 to 200 riders close packed at speed. Disc and calliper mixed in a race is a recipe for disaster. The lawyers would have a field day when the inevitable life changing incident happens "how could this be allowed", etc. So for the sake of today's riders at all levels of road races, I hope the ruling against discs sticks.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well that all went well then...^_^

h0lly1991

All getting very aggressive this.....
At the end of the day disc brakes are here, if they are to be included in the pro road ranks who cares.
@jowwy likes them and from his comments has them on his bikes. @Marmion you don't like them and that's your choice.
Personally they have there place that's on mtb. In all my commuting and general riding I've never ever had a problem with regular style calliper brakes. I do however understand some people's dynamics mean discs help you stop when a caliper brake might be a bit slower to stop the built up kinetic energy caused by the forward motion.
I'm sure if you asked at your cycling clubs for a straw poll on discs views would differ,unless of course the committee were to be too scared of you and your question.

Enjoy your riding...

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Cant be arsed to read whole thread now but cant the sharp edges on the discs be rounded off to remove the sharp edge?
The pad grips the flat sides not the edge.

Top Bottom